Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Peach have just put a Hudson Broadcast 2-button custom SKU up for preorders this morning...

What's Hot

Comments

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    What is everyone’s experience with the internal trim pots? They don’t seem to make a huge deal of difference? 

Am am I doing it wrong? 

I love this pedal though. Just want to level out those differences in gain between the two channels 
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    What is everyone’s experience with the internal trim pots? They don’t seem to make a huge deal of difference? 

Haven't dug into the guts of the thing yet: still monkeying around with the vanilla controls...  Liking the smooth subtlety of the lower gain channel v much so far...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    I figured out and dialled in the internal trim pots to my taste today. I bloody love this thing. 
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I figured out and dialled in the internal trim pots to my taste today. I bloody love this thing. 
    Good news :)  How do you have relative gains of the two channels dialled in now?
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
    I figured out and dialled in the internal trim pots to my taste today. I bloody love this thing. 
    Good news :)  How do you have relative gains of the two channels dialled in now?
    I have them pretty close, just a touch more gain on the second channel. As I’m sure 90% of people will choose to have it. 

As there’s only the one gain control there just seemed to be a bit too much of a jump when switching. I’ve just shortened that gap, it’s purely my opinion though. The sounds available throughout the range are superb and the high headroom is lovely. 
    How very rock and roll
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    Nah man, I have one set as a gritty boost, hardly any clipping, and then the other one is full fuzz, max gain. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I have them pretty close, just a touch more gain on the second channel. As I’m sure 90% of people will choose to have it. 

As there’s only the one gain control there just seemed to be a bit too much of a jump when switching. I’ve just shortened that gap, it’s purely my opinion though. The sounds available throughout the range are superb and the high headroom is lovely. 
    I love having the high gain side set as the mother of violence. Mines pretty lairy with the gain half way but still articulate. 
    Low gain needs a bit of spanking to drive but has a nice sparkle thing going on 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    School me on the pots...
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    BBBlues said:
    School me on the pots...
    Me too!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3865
    I dunno. I loved the core sound of this pedal, but I missed a proper tone control. The shared controls bugged me as well, due to the differing EQ. If the format was the same as the Analogman KOT (two sides with individual tone and gain controls), it would possibly be my fave drive pedal ever.
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    edited August 2018
    Lebarque said:
    I dunno. I loved the core sound of this pedal, but I missed a proper tone control. The shared controls bugged me as well, due to the differing EQ. If the format was the same as the Analogman KOT (two sides with individual tone and gain controls), it would possibly be my fave drive pedal ever.
    A conventional tone control would make this a conventional sounding pedal - which it’s not. Broadcast = top end grit.

Try the single footswitch, 24v, 3-way gain toggle. This is my fav combo.
    paulnb57 said:
    BBBlues said:
    School me on the pots...
    Me too!
    Tbh I didn’t have a clue what I was doing. I assume each trim pot controls the overall gain range of each channel. I may be completely wrong!!!

i Just tweaked until I was happy with the range on each channel and reduced that perceived gap in gain levels of each. 

Interesting to hear that other guys set it up very differently though! 
    How very rock and roll
    I don't even know what a "proper tone control" means?? Most ODs just have either a HPF, LPF or a tilt? 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3865
    The Broadcast's controls are quirky. It only has a 'low cut', which is very sensitive. No way to control the treble. Although I loved the core tone of the pedal, this limited EQ doesn't work for what I want from a drive. The fact that the the two channels have different EQ, but share the same low cut knob doesn't help either. I couldn't switch between the two (two pedal version) on the fly. Like I say, if it was structured like a KOT, I would love it.
    Lebarque said:
    The Broadcast's controls are quirky. It only has a 'low cut', which is very sensitive. No way to control the treble. Although I loved the core tone of the pedal, this limited EQ doesn't work for what I want from a drive. The fact that the the two channels have different EQ, but share the same low cut knob doesn't help either. I couldn't switch between the two (two pedal version) on the fly. Like I say, if it was structured like a KOT, I would love it.
    its because it isn't a KOT that I love it

Not sure about the EQ thing. I wil have to have a play tomorrow and check that out
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    If it's too boomy, use the low cut. If it's too trebly, use the tone pot on your guitar. It's really responsive to the guitar's controls.
    bbill335 said:
    If it's too boomy, use the low cut. If it's too trebly, use the tone pot on your guitar. It's really responsive to the guitar's controls.
    Tone pot? You mean that other dial thingy that you leave on 10?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    pmg said:
    Attempted delivery today but my friendly courier declined delivering to a neighbour whilst I’m at work.  SO....no redelivery until Friday 
    So sorry! We’ve had our worst ever courier day today! It’s such a shame that we have to rely on them. We’ve tried them all though, annoyingly 
    It’s ok, was delivered to my neighbour today so will be test driving tomorrow 
    Didn't the second batch arrive? @peachguitarsdotcom ;
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom