Yet another stolen gear thread. Please keep em peeled for this lot of gear

What's Hot
McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
Nothing to do with me but a colleague alerted me to the following thread.  I've had a look around but couldn't see it anywhere on here. Looks like a band's entire touring set up.  They were a bit daft to leave it in a van in Mile End, but all the same, it's worth spreading the word...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    There are some real shitbags around. Should have left Richard Osborn-Brooks sleeping in the back.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Thats terrible but you'd think by now bands would learn to not leave their equipment unattended in van wouldn't you?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    I saw the article on the Beeb http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43703861
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11760
    underdog said:
    Thats terrible but you'd think by now bands would learn to not leave their equipment unattended in van wouldn't you?
    Well especially THAT MUCH uninsured gear...

I guess the alternative is at least take the guitars up to the hotel room.  If I was a ne'er do well I'd sit outside after a gig, and follow the van, if they didn't unload it wait half an hour and free gear.

The venues even have a target list prominently displayed outside.  It's too easy.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited April 2018
    There are some real shitbags around. Should have left Richard Osborn-Brooks sleeping in the back.
    The guy behind the desk on Pointless?

Is he a good deterrent? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14266
    tFB Trader
    will keep an eye out 
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    edited April 2018 tFB Trader
    Jack_ said:

Is he a good deterrent? 
    He's a big man, but in bad shape.
    For these thieves, it's a full time job......
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901
    Horrible. Hope they get it back. 

It in no way whatsover makes it their fault but I find it maddening that in 2018 bands are still leaving uninsured gear in vans. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • martinw said:
    Jack_ said:

Is he a good deterrent? 
    Is that from Get Carter?
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    edited April 2018 tFB Trader
    martinw said:
    Jack_ said:

Is he a good deterrent? 
    Is that from Get Carter?
    Yes. : )
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658

I'm just up the road in Hackney. Sadly vans get broken into in the area daily.

I had a couple guys laying some flooring in my kitchen last year, the van got turned over in a couple min's while they just came in to size up the job. The thieves stole all their power tools & also found time to turn over the van parked next to theirs.... both vans had extra security locks and alarms and it was lunchtime on a week day.... The second guy waited over 4 hours for the police to arrive.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    In a message posted on their Go Fund Me page, the band say they're "completely shocked"

All their gear left in an unattended van on a Friday night in Tower Hamlets? You wouldn't even do that in Betws-y-Coed.

Sorry, smells like a scam to me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Mixed feelings on this, yes, the people who knicked the gear are scumbags but the Band themselves are bloody stupid and naive to leave Gear in a Van unattended
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    edited April 2018
    sweepy said:
    Mixed feelings on this, yes, the people who knicked the gear are scumbags but the Band themselves are bloody stupid and naive to leave Gear in a Van unattended
    This. Gear insurance is a small price to pay if you’re a guitarist/band that regularly plays out. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72361
    I wouldn’t leave all my gear in a van overnight without either it being in a secure place (ie a garage or locked compound) or with someone in it, even if it was insured - not least because it often isn’t, if you read the small print.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    I know that, after having all their gear stolen from a secure car park, Sean Lakeman and Kathryn Roberts now haul all their gear in to the hotel room each night after a gig. Now, they're folkies so don't tend to have the tons of gear that a rock band would have, so it's not such a chore, but it is still an effort at midnight or whenever the gig is over, so I understand why bands don't do it.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    p90fool said:

Sorry, smells like a scam to me. 
    It really doesn't, it's just naive kids not thinking, 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869

the bit I don't get is they need £10k because "without all this equipment we cant continue as a band" . any band I've been in have been able to be a band with Squiers and Boss pedals .

Is the £10k they're trying to raise for replacing like for like because that's a bit like getting your fan base to be your insurance pay-out and that stinks a bit .

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dwheeldodwheeldo Frets: 65
    There’s absolutely no way you could unpack the entire contents of a splitter van into a hotel every night of a tour - where are they going to store it?

My gear is all insured, and when touring I usually take guitars into the hotel with me, but leave amps, drums, pedalboards, synths etc in the van. It’d be a bummer if it all got nicked, but at least insurance would replace it.

That said, we do try not to leave the van anywhere obviously dodgy if we can help it. 
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    sticker said:

the bit I don't get is they need £10k because "without all this equipment we cant continue as a band" . any band I've been in have been able to be a band with Squiers and Boss pedals .

Is the £10k they're trying to raise for replacing like for like because that's a bit like getting your fan base to be your insurance pay-out and that stinks a bit .

Yeah, I love donating money to a deserving cause; like a bunch of middle class hipsters who left all their gear unattended and had it stolen.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom