Random music discoveries - what have you found that's good?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

Found this randomly the other day, on Apple Music.  It was listed as Hip-Hop, not sure why, but I quite like it.  Kind of lo-fi funk.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• - I Don't Want Control of You by Teenage Fanclub - so far up my street I've no idea how I hadn't heard them before.

I love the Fannies. When I first heard them, they sort of punctured my musical ambitions because they sounded like the band I wanted to be in. 
  • jdderbysjdderbys Frets: 17
    I'd never heard of John Moreland. He came up on autoplay on youtube. Did not expect him to kick you in the feels like that!

• lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Bucket said:
    I

- I Don't Want Control of You by Teenage Fanclub - so far up my street I've no idea how I hadn't heard them before.

I think I may have suggested them to you quite some time ago, probably as you mentioned that you like Big Star. The Fannies, as they are lovingly known, are one of my all-time favourite bands, alongside the aforementioned Big Star. You might like The Posies too, another one of my favourites.

I would recommend Bandwaggonesque, Grand Prix and Songs From Northern Britain, as a good starting point with Teenage Fanclub, and Frosting On The Beater and Amazing Disgrace from The Posies.

It always gladdens my heart when another person hears about the Fannies!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....