Helix LT - Possible to do it all ? Advice please.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208
    I’ve got to say, I’ve had a few hours now with the Helix HX, and it is superb.

Ive always had an issue with the verbs and delays, but the new update is superb.

Ive been a long term Strymon timeline and Big Sky fan, and they are superior, but the HX is very good indeed

So, Jim, have a good play with the FX alone - excellent 
    I'm figuring that 2 or 3 great amp sounds with quality delay, compression, tremolo and reverb will justify the outlay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    jimkehoe said:
    Cabicular said:
    jimkehoe said:

I am wavering again - I used to be indecisive but now I'm not quite sure!

Wasted much more time on You tube and again beginning to think a helix could be used for what I want/need despite probably never needing or using 85%+ of it's capabilities.
    Also have found I can get hold of a Line 6 L3T for reasonable money. I thought this might be used as  a mini PA for acoustic duo stuff and open mic but also double as the outlet for a Helix.
    Anyone got any experience or thoughts re the L3t with acoustic and/or a Helix?
    It’s heavy but it sounds fantastic
    much better that the L2 
    i would have one with me all the time if I could be arsed carrying it around

Picked it up last night. You're not kidding about it being heavy !
    I am tempted to find an L2 just because of the weight but you may have dissuaded me now. Are they vastly different?

Helix LT arrives tomorrow !
    The line6 bag for the L3 has wheels which help
    the L2 is a monitor the L3 is a PA

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Cabicular said:
    jimkehoe said:
    Cabicular said:
    jimkehoe said:

Wasted much more time on You tube and again beginning to think a helix could be used for what I want/need despite probably never needing or using 85%+ of it's capabilities.
    Also have found I can get hold of a Line 6 L3T for reasonable money. I thought this might be used as  a mini PA for acoustic duo stuff and open mic but also double as the outlet for a Helix.
    much better that the L2 

I am tempted to find an L2 just because of the weight but you may have dissuaded me now. Are they vastly different?

Also do yourself a favour and experiment with Hi cuts on the cabs I run between 4 and 6.5K high cut depending on the amp
  • jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208
    Cabicular said:
    Cabicular said:
    jimkehoe said:
    Cabicular said:
    jimkehoe said:

much better that the L2 

Also do yourself a favour and experiment with Hi cuts on the cabs I run between 4 and 6.5K high cut depending on the amp
    Now have the helix. Sounded good through mixer and monitors but a bit bass heavy. Sounds superb through the L3t.
    Just have to get to grips with updating firmware and all the possibilities. Steep learning curve.