Combined Delay and Reverb pedal

What's Hot
HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
Looking at either an Earthquaker Dispatch Master or a Wampler Ethereal. The outside money is on an Alexander Sky Fi.

Any experience of these? Or any for sale? Other suggestions?
"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    A Keeley Caverns V2 would be worth a look.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    CKK Space Station comes to mind ( for a smaller budget) , the Keeley Delay Worksation, EQD Avalanche Run ( for crazy noises). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6088
    The Boss RE-20 Space Echo is a nice pedal. It has more options on the delay side than the reverb but both are very useable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    CKK Space Station comes to mind ( for a smaller budget) , the Keeley Delay Worksation, EQD Avalanche Run ( for crazy noises). 
    Thanks buddy. They had slipped under my radar but seem pretty cool.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    I guess the question is do you want one footswitch or two? I’d be quite tempted by the Caverns V2 for general use if wanting them separate. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12923
    The Dispatch Master is brilliant. The only downside is that there is no separate footswitchable control of the delay/reverb---so to go from delay to delay + reverb you need to twist the dials. Both the Reverb and delay on it are very nice and complement each other well. No tap tempo though. I love mine. 

The Avalanche Run seems to be an expanded Dispatch Master. I think it looks great but it is very spendy and I've seen a few people suggest that you really need to use an expression pedal to get the most out of it. 

Boss RE-20 is another pedal that I own and love. It's more of a delay than a reverb though. The reverb on it is certainly quite unique and whilst I think it sounds great in the context of the delay on it I think it's fair to say that the verb on it is a bit marmite when used on its own. And again you can't footswitch between delay and delay + verb. It's another dial twist. 

Another consideration is the EQD Disaster Transport which has two delays on it, one of which also has reverb. Its mainly a delay pedal though. I'll tell you what mine is like when it arrives on Wednesday! 

There does come a point where you have to ask yourself what you want the pedal to do. Are you better with separate verb and delay pedals for example? (a DD-7 plus Digitech Polara would cost about the same as an RE-20 and is arguably more versatile).

Personally speaking if you do want a separate pedal that truly does both I think you can't go far wrong with the Dispatch Master. The verb sounds great and the delay sounds great. They complement each other nicely.

If you want a delay that also does a bit of reverb there are more options. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    I was going to get a CKK Space Station until Keeley Caverns V2 came out for not a huge amount more. Thing the CKK was £110ish and the Caverns had a pre order offer of £135. 

Absolutely love the Caverns. Definiately worth a look. Also i think Kick Johnston does a great demo of the Space Station.
    The Dispatch Master is brilliant. The only downside is that there is no separate footswitchable control of the delay/reverb---so to go from delay to delay + reverb you need to twist the dials. Both the Reverb and delay on it are very nice and complement each other well. No tap tempo though. I love mine. 

The Avalanche Run seems to be an expanded Dispatch Master. I think it looks great but it is very spendy and I've seen a few people suggest that you really need to use an expression pedal to get the most out of it. 

Boss RE-20 is another pedal that I own and love. It's more of a delay than a reverb though. The reverb on it is certainly quite unique and whilst I think it sounds great in the context of the delay on it I think it's fair to say that the verb on it is a bit marmite when used on its own. And again you can't footswitch between delay and delay + verb. It's another dial twist. 

Another consideration is the EQD Disaster Transport which has two delays on it, one of which also has reverb. Its mainly a delay pedal though. I'll tell you what mine is like when it arrives on Wednesday! 

There does come a point where you have to ask yourself what you want the pedal to do. Are you better with separate verb and delay pedals for example? (a DD-7 plus Digitech Polara would cost about the same as an RE-20 and is arguably more versatile).

Personally speaking if you do want a separate pedal that truly does both I think you can't go far wrong with the Dispatch Master. The verb sounds great and the delay sounds great. They complement each other nicely.

If you want a delay that also does a bit of reverb there are more options. 

Thanks Uncle P. Great advice.

I'd prefer the combined box option - like keeping my pedal-board fairly simplified. Main use will be a soft reverb with a slapback but will on occasion want it to get fairly swirly.

Tempted by the CKK Space Station as it seems fairly comparable with the EQD DM but way cheaper. Interested to hear your review on the Disaster Transport though...
    LuttiS said:
    I was going to get a CKK Space Station until Keeley Caverns V2 came out for not a huge amount more. Thing the CKK was £110ish and the Caverns had a pre order offer of £135. 

Absolutely love the Caverns. Definiately worth a look. Also i think Kick Johnston does a great demo of the Space Station.
    Can't really see the Keeley anywhere under £165 now, which makes it a bit of a jump. Thanks though.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    I was quite disappointed by the Caverns tbh. The reverb was fantastic but delay was pretty underwhelming. Just sounded dull and lifeless. I guess for a no-nonsense digital delay it's fine...

I am a recent El Capistan convert - the delays are breathtaking and the additional spring reverb is outstanding. Although obviously not to your tastes if you want an isolated reverb.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Hattigol said:
    Can't really see the Keeley anywhere under £165 now, which makes it a bit of a jump. Thanks though.
    There's an ex-display one on hotrox for £139.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Moore Ocean Machine second hand could be all you ever need
    Moore Ocean Machine second hand could be all you ever need
    Mooer also do a tiny delay and reverb, the Echoverb. 
  • I'm with Dopesick on this. I too found the Caverns pretty uninspiring. I do also own the EQD Dispatch Master but it's nowhere near as 'mad' as I had hoped from that company so I'm selling it on if you fancy picking one up second hand?
  • The Avalanche Run is great, only one type of reverb but it’s beautiful. The Neunaber pedals have a delay & reverb option as well.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
    @cLepto-bass ;

What type, or how would you describe  the reverb on the Dispatch Master.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    Zoolooter said:
    @cLepto-bass ;

What type, or how would you describe  the reverb on the Dispatch Master.
    Warm and smooth. Awesome pedal
    Hattigol said:
    Looking at either an Earthquaker Dispatch Master or a Wampler Ethereal. The outside money is on an Alexander Sky Fi.

Any experience of these? Or any for sale? Other suggestions?
    Imho, you got it right first time; the Dispatch Master

A simple, lovely pedal which is quite unique sounding. Very warm and vavle pre amp-like.

No tap tempo - but a vastly underrated pedal. 
    I would add the El Cap to your list too... a stable superb sounding musical pedal, and it has reverb in it too ;)
  • ewalewal Frets: 2587
    The Avalanche Run is great, only one type of reverb but it’s beautiful. The Neunaber pedals have a delay & reverb option as well.
    The Avalanche Run also has a reverse and swell modes. Definitely benefits from using an expression pedal which means you can manage reverb and delay separately.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom