Best clip on tuner?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7876
    Polytune clip on. Accurate, easy to use, great battery life. Snarks eat batteries!!!

I’ve tried load, Polytune kills it. 

Ditched the floor tuner!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    I have, and like, the Korg sledgehammer -- the strobing style one: http://www.korg.com/uk/products/tuners/sledgehammer_pro/

I find the tuning really accurate, and it's proved reliable. Only downside, is that's it's not as compact as some others, so a bit more prone to get knocked.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    When reading this thread I genuinely realised that I forgot the Polytune Clip takes batteries, I thought "oh aye, I'll have to replace the battery in that at some point" which says a lot because I've had it for quite a long time and, although I don't use it constantly anymore, I've never had to change them
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    I've gone with the Unitune.

I heard some people say that with the standard Polytune it can accidently slip into Polytune mode anyway when you want individual mode, and the Polytune sounds like a bit of a gimmick to me that I would never use, and if I don't have it then I can't have this problem.
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2596
    TheMarlin said:
    Polytune clip on. Accurate, easy to use, great battery life. Snarks eat batteries!!!

I’ve tried load, Polytune kills it. 

Ditched the floor tuner!
    I have a Polytune and 2 Snarks and never had any battery life issues with either (batteries last for months and months).  I've also seen people complain about battery life on the Polytune.  My guess is some faulty units have battery life issues with both brands.  Maybe more common in the Snarks, I don't know.

I agree about the floor tuner.  The Polytune is what I take to rehearsals and gigs, with a Snark as backup.

“To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • Polytune +1
  • MoosterMooster Frets: 68
    I have a polytune but mostly use an iPhone app: GuitarTuna, works well and handy if you can’t remember where you left your tuner
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Jack_ said:

I heard some people say that with the standard Polytune it can accidently slip into Polytune mode anyway when you want individual mode, and the Polytune sounds like a bit of a gimmick to me that I would never use, and if I don't have it then I can't have this problem.
    I've never had this happen to me once
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    thegummy said:
    Jack_ said:

I've never had this happen to me once
    Either way, I'd never use the Polytune and it's a bit cheaper.