Vintage V72

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12328
    I've got the 52 relic blackguard Tele they do. Brilliant guitar and no bullshit plays and sounds just as good as my old roadworn Fender Tele. The pickups are great, based on a broadcaster set iirc
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ive had a few vintage brand guitars, including a les pauls, telecaster, flying v and Lp junior.  theyve all been decent quality instruments but ive moved them on as they have funny little quirks,ie the flying v had a designed lump on the bottom to stop slippage when sitting down, the others had that weird bart simpson type headstock,  I still have 4 vintage brand acoustics which i really like but dont use much, should thin down the herd.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've had the pleasure of seeing Pat McManus playing live and he and the bass player were switching between PRS/Fender and both Vintage, sounded great either way, it's in the fingers, etc :)
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    edited November 2019
    A band mate had the reliced LP and it sounded really good. Unfortunately he's left handed so I didn't try it.
    Another old mate is a pro player who has an endorsement deal with them and he rates them very highly.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    I've sold almost all of my guitars now, except the Ibanez I'm struggling to bond with, and this one. I still can't get over how good it is. Great build quality, fantastic tone, great setup. Just a lovely guitar that hopefully ages nicely. 

MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited March 2020
    How do the Vintage teles compare to Harley Benton on the budget end? Do they share the same skinny neck as the Vintage Gibson copies? 
    TTBZ said:
    How do the Vintage teles compare to Harley Benton on the budget end? Do they share the same skinny neck as the Vintage Gibson copies? 
    I haven't tried any Harley Bentons but I'd say it's on a par with my old 2004 Mex Tele but much better pickups. Neck to me feels a bit less skinny than the modern Mexican teles and Squier Teles. 
    joetele said:
    TTBZ said:
    I haven't tried any Harley Bentons but I'd say it's on a par with my old 2004 Mex Tele but much better pickups. Neck to me feels a bit less skinny than the modern Mexican teles and Squier Teles. 
    That sounds promising! I wonder if the headstock has enough material to be reshaped into a fender shape. That’s the only negative I can see for the Vintage ones, ugly headstock!
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18773
    TTBZ said:
    joetele said:
    TTBZ said:
    That sounds promising! I wonder if the headstock has enough material to be reshaped into a fender shape. That’s the only negative I can see for the Vintage ones, ugly headstock!
    Why reshape a headstock? It's not a Fender & will never be one, will a reshape make any difference?

Also, as you said earlier "
    Do they share the same skinny neck as the Vintage Gibson copies? 
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/175295/describe-my-neck-with-accuracy#latest

edited March 2020
    I just think the Vintage headstock is a bit ugly/weird looking that’s all. Wouldn’t try to play it off as a fender I just know it’s something that would bug me even if the rest of the guitar is great.

And thin necks like those on the Vintage LP copies (which are well known for being quite thin) I’ve tried give me hand cramps, hence the question. No need to point to a moan thread about neck dimensions :)
    I'd say if you like Teles, this one feels like a Tele. Neck isn't thin like a squier affinity, or a Yamaha Pacifica. Feels a bit bigger than the Mexican Tele necks. I guess you could always look at changing the neck if you wanted but not sure of the screws etc