Help sourcing a cable

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72375
    viz said:

Yep, I have a Burkey Flatliner Pro multi power supply which includes an AC out. But the AC out socket is headphone jack socket (no idea why).
    My guess is that it's intentional to make sure you can't plug a DC cable - and therefore pedal - into it by accident. DC pedals tend not to like AC very much...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    ICBM said:
    viz said:

Yep, I have a Burkey Flatliner Pro multi power supply which includes an AC out. But the AC out socket is headphone jack socket (no idea why).
    My guess is that it's intentional to make sure you can't plug a DC cable - and therefore pedal - into it by accident. DC pedals tend not to like AC very much...
    Absolutely but the thing is, you can plug an AC plug into a DC pedal anyway! But yes I guess it is an extra layer of protection. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72375
    viz said:

Absolutely but the thing is, you can plug an AC plug into a DC pedal anyway! But yes I guess it is an extra layer of protection. 
    I also assume that's why Digitech - and Line 6 - use the larger size, to make it harder to mix them up. If you plug the large barrel plug into a small socket, there's a good chance it won't make contact with the pin.

Although it would all be very much easier if everyone either used the same supply standard, or made it impossible to damage a pedal with the wrong polarity/type of supply, which is quite easy...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    viz said:

I also assume that's why Digitech - and Line 6 - use the larger size, to make it harder to mix them up. If you plug the large barrel plug into a small socket, there's a good chance it won't make contact with the pin.

Although it would all be very much easier if everyone either used the same supply standard, or made it impossible to damage a pedal with the wrong polarity/type of supply, which is quite easy...
    Exactly! I’m going to put some red tape round my cable when it arrives anyway, just to be doubly sure. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • ClassicClassic Frets: 40
    Voodoo Labs make these
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Is this any good?   I need a similar cable for a ceriatone Klon but I couldn’t find anyone selling a cheaper version.   

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T-Rex-DC-Mini-Jack-Cable-50cm-/273076001999?hash=item3f94991ccf
    John_P said:
    Is this any good?   I need a similar cable for a ceriatone Klon but I couldn’t find anyone selling a cheaper version.   

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T-Rex-DC-Mini-Jack-Cable-50cm-/273076001999?hash=item3f94991ccf
    Nearly but that’s a DC cable - won’t fit an AC pedal, thanks anyway;

Thanks classic, i think I found one but that’s good to know, cheers :)
  • jamiexsilverjamiexsilver Frets: 404
    I'm pretty sure I've got a small head phone jack to female socket so you can plug any cable into that, is that any good?
    Cheers dude but I’m sorted now, thanks!