Help sourcing a cable

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10731
edited May 2018 in FX
I need a pedal power cable that plugs into the pedal at one end (right-angled) and is a 3.5mm mono jack (straight) at the other. Can’t seem to find one - does anyone know where I could buy it?
Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Have you tried designacable?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • vizviz Frets: 10731
    No, will take a look, thanks :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Message him to see if he can make one
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    edited May 2018
    Thank you - might do that; there doesn’t seem to be one in the standard range. I’ve ordered a straight one in the meantime, I’ll see how I get on with that. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    This is the type of reason I’m sad about the demise of Maplins. If I needed something like this I could pop over in ten minutes and get all the parts I needed.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    This is the type of reason I’m sad about the demise of Maplins. If I needed something like this I could pop over in ten minutes and get all the parts I needed.
    For £40
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    sgosden said:
    Thanks but needs to have a straight headphone jack :)
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    viz said:
    sgosden said:
    Thanks but needs to have a straight headphone jack :)

I'll refrain from being "helpful" before the days first cuppa, and learn to read :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2018
    Argh. The suggested cables aren’t right. The DC power cable plug and the AC power cable plug aren’t the same. They look very similar, but the Digitech Whammy has a thicker pin in it, so a normal DC power cable doesn’t fit in it. The AC ones are normally red or have a red tip. Any advice from anyone? If anyone can find an adapter to convert from the DC plug to the AC plug that’d also be fine. 
    Whammy 5?
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    I was under the impressions you're trying to daisy chain some pedals together. But now I'm confused as I've never encountered a 3.5mm AC power input.

Are you 100% sure what you're doing is safe for the pedals you're hooking up? 
    edited May 2018
    Whammy 5?
    Branshen said:
    I was under the impressions you're trying to daisy chain some pedals together. But now I'm confused as I've never encountered a 3.5mm AC power input.

Are you 100% sure what you're doing is safe for the pedals you're hooking up? 
    Yep, I have a Burkey Flatliner Pro multi power supply which includes an AC out. But the AC out socket is headphone jack socket (no idea why). I need the cable to convert that into the input for my Whammy 1. think I’ve found one now though - we shall see!
    wow a Whammy 1!

you dont see many of them
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2018
    wow a Whammy 1!

you dont see many of them

It’s a Whammy 1 not an original Whammy

Edit - oh, ok yes it is the original one. Thought it was a reissue!
    edited May 2018
    The Burkey Flatliner Pro is very quiet and seems to make the whole sound really crisp and responsive - the pedal lights are much brighter too; I think maybe the pedals were starved of power before. Can’t wait to plug the whammy into it too and dispense with the extra wall plug.

http://i.imgur.com/murc9to.jpg

It looks like you could run a car off of that flatliner! Thats a beast
    It looks like you could run a car off of that flatliner! Thats a beast
    It’s awesome :)