Recommend me a Chorus pedal

What's Hot
chunkmonkchunkmonk Frets: 49
Looking to add Chorus to the effects chain, Can anybody recommend a versatile Chorus pedal, and where best to place it in the chain?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 884
    edited May 2018
    Have you watched these?

I've never played through the Mr Black Double Chorus but one day I want to own one based on this review:

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5179
    I really liked the Boss CH-1 :)
  • Boss Ce2w
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 395
    +1 for the Ce2w

• kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1157
    edited May 2018
    I was about to list my Digitech Hardwire Chorus in the Classifieds. £60 delivered. Would that be of any interest? I don't have the box or the stomp guard so it will come as is with Velcro on the base.
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 460
    Boss CE-5
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 460
    Boss CE-5
    The analog chipped one
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4880
    revsorg said:
    Have you watched these?

I've never played through the Mr Black Double Chorus but one day I want to own one based on this review:

The DoubleChorus is a great pedal, love mine!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1060
    MOOG Clusterflux 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12939
    I like the MXR Analog Chorus (the blue one).

As for where to put it, entirely up to you. Before dirt is more subtle, that's what I tend to do. 
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 272
    If you find yourself interested in a full size TC Electronic Corona Chorus for the versatility of the tone print feature, I have one boxed with the USB cable. Yours for £70 :)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14569
    For guitarists of my age group, the Roland CE-2 is the reference sound. Shame that they hiss so much. The CE-2w is the answer to that problem.

My personal favourite chorus unit is the Roland Dimension D. The impracticality of owning one resulted in me owning and using a BOSS CE-20. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9605
    Consistent, usable best for me is the CE2w
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
    It's not often I have a chorus on my main board but I do have one I keep at home which has been an MXR Analog for yonks.

In a recent similar thread on here, a few people recommended the Hardwire CR-7 so I bought one to give it a go.

I have to say, especially for the price, it's seriously good. I only managed a quick play but there was so many types of chorus it's tricky to know where to stop.

If you're unsure what type of sound you want, the CR-7 will probably cover it. Great quality as well as quantity too.

Don't think it will replace my MXR full time though...there's just something about that pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4044

My personal favourite chorus unit is the Roland Dimension D. The impracticality of owning one resulted in me owning and using a BOSS CE-20. 
    @Funkfingers Does the Boss CE-20 get anywhere near the Dimension D?
    I used one decades ago and it was magical.  I've nearly gone for one several times since but they are an insane amount of money and I just about come to my senses each time. 
    But the RE-20 does a fair enough job of the Space Echo so I'm curious about the CE-20.  I've got a Boss DC-2 which has the same layout as the Dimension D but is a different kind of chorus -- still really nice -- but not the same.
  • Dod fx 65. Best chorus I've used. 

Unless you want something a bit more sickly, in which case the visual sound h20 V2 or V3. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3321
    edited May 2018
    @chunkmonk - Look at the Zoom MS-70 CDR. You'll get a bunch of decent chorus choices, most based on famous models like Boss, MXR, TC, Small Clone etc plus you have the added bonus of a whole host of other effects that you can combine it with as a well as a tuner.

You can pick these up used for £50-60 and even as a stand alone chorus pedal and tuner, that's cheap.

These are decent but I still think the models in the Zoom are very good and it's better value

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/131428/fs-digitech-hardwire-cr-7-chorus-pedal-50-delivered#latest

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 340
    If you like Small Clone sounds, get an Analogman Bi-Chorus or Mini Chorus. If you like the classic boss sound, get a CE2-W or a Retro-Sonic Chorus.

I love both types so own all three...
  • ClassicClassic Frets: 40
    Jam Pedals Waterfall is awesome
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6160
    FWIW.. the best I've ever heard was the original Boss Dimension C.  In over 30 years I've not heard anything since that sounded as good.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"