Recommend me a Chorus pedal

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723

The Keeley Dyno My Roto sounds amazing.  If I was going to get another chorus pedal that's what I would go for. 

In the past I have owned the Boss CE-5 and the Boss CH-1.

The CH-1, I found, to be more subtle than the CE-5.  The CE-5 is a lot more tweakable as you can control your high and low end EQ.  I ended up selling them both and the CE-5 went to someone on here.  

I just sold my TC Corona to a member on here.  It was a very versatile pedal and has loads of Toneprints available, but was just missing something that I was looking for. 

Out of all the chorus pedals I've owned the CE-5 is what I'd recommend but, like I said, I ended up selling it.  It was very good though. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    equalsql said:
    FWIW.. the best I've ever heard was the original Boss Dimension C.  In over 30 years I've not heard anything since that sounded as good.

That is a great pedal.  I haven't played the original, only the TC Toneprint version on the Corona.

The Dimension C is the chorus sound on the early Billy Idol albums.  Steve Stevens went direct with a clean guitar and his Dimension C for a lot of the tracks.

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3054
    Boss CE-5
    The analog chipped one

What's the difference, and how do I know what mine is?

R.
    Boss CE-5
    The analog chipped one

R.
    The easiest way to determine which version you have is to use the serial number. If the second letter/first number combination is earlier than P1, you have the analog type. This also mean that all digital CE-5s will have a dark gray label.
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 460
    Boss CE-5
    The analog chipped one

R.
    Pink or blue label on the bottom should tell you if it’s the analogue one mines a blue label and I think it dates back to 1992
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3054
    Thanks, I shall check when I get back home. I suspect it's a modern one.

R. 
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    The Analogman chorus really is lovely. I tried Boss and a Small Clone and realised I preferred the latter’s more ‘watery’ sound - hard to describe it more clearly but there is something more fluid and smooth with the small clone version of the sound. But my EHX pedal felt like it was very flimsy, with a rubbish Deep switch. 
    I found the old style big box Analogman chorus second hand and it has the same fluidity but is built like a tank. 
    Highly recommend it!