We all secretly love him, and his newest effort is something rather special.....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    Seriously;I think it's great that the internet gives a podium to people like this...........he is quaint and harmless ;Ok he has probably committed a few offences to what we call music (and Luthiery) but God bless him............somewhere there is a wife who probably adores him and thinks he is the next best thing to Tommy Emmanuel on the guitar.
     Funny but Tony McKenzie comes up as one of the Youtube prompts when you view this ......as in " If you like this ,you'll love these " kind of ways....
    I like Tony.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    I also thought it was a bit mean to go on about him on here. And then a kid who bought one of his guitars came on here.

He'd bought his first guitar, and it had massive issues. He'd believed all the stuff about it being great for beginners, and paid way over the odds for something that had been butchered.

I don't like being mean to the guy, but I also don't want kids to get ripped off because they don't know any better. If prospective buyers find these threads and avoid purchasing, that's OK by me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4931
    Maybe he could branch out into singing lessons.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33805
    prowla said:
    Maybe he could branch out into singing lessons.
    The thing is if he did it wouldn't just be singing lessons, he'd invent a new type of singing which involves only breathing your own anal gas to fuel singing and all the other singing teachers who use oxygen would be wrong and fools. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • "flatness and fret levelness is not really Les Paul standard"

Using Gibson QC as the gold standard reference point!? I'm out.

(While I'm commenting- is it just me or do the edge markers look like they've been drawn on in sharpie?)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1704
    No wonder Princess Ann got shot of him .
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    rossi said:
    No wonder Princess Ann got shot of him .
    “That nut is cut like Princess Anne’s teeth”

etc...
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1025
    So, does anyone fancy a night out in Langney then?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    So, does anyone fancy a night out in Langney then?
    I’ll make one!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    No...........it hasn't got a Town square (according to the song ) and the Pizza isn't good
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842

Octafish said:
    I'm just impressed by his endless source of guitars to convert. I guess those buying his instruments are learners who haven't a clue about guitars, otherwise how would he sell a modded £160 Harley Benton Tele for £271?
    Beggars belief, don’t it..!?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.