We all secretly love him, and his newest effort is something rather special.....

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I often wondered how people manage to play thumb over style 
    didnt realise I had to scallop the fretboard to do it
    also nice there as an extra hole to help retrieve lost picks
    its this kind of ‘blue sky thinking’ Gibson need to revamp their business
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7831
    Has more positive feedback on ebay than most of us, what a world.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3993
    Looks like he used his thumb to slot that nut as well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31014
    Speechless.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7387
    I was going to jokingly ask why it had a second soundhole, but then I read the description and found that's what it actually is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14605
    DefaultM said:
    second soundhole
    That description makes the aperture seem intentional as opposed to a botched onboard control electronics installation or the work of the Hatton Garden robbery gang.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6121
    The inspection port is a thoughtful touch. God bless him.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I just read the ad and was literally laughing out loud. He makes Henry at Gibson look sane.

The funniest thing here is when he says how well it stays in tune and the E sounds flatter than a pancake and he doesn't  retune.

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3993
    Think how well it would project if it was all holes and no body at all.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33851
    He ls my favourite comic creation.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16816
    DefaultM said:
    I was going to jokingly ask why it had a second soundhole, but then I read the description and found that's what it actually is.
    He didn’t invent that idea... many acoustics exist with a sound port on the upper bout.  They are all done better than this.

I imagine he had a hole left from, or previously added, a pre-amp.  Turned the spare hole into a “feature”.

I note it's a song written about him buying a new guitar in a new town.

Thank fuck he didn't buy two of them.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    That video is one the funniest things I've seen in a long time
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4053
    What happens to the camera just over a minute in? 
    Because this is a bit bonkers and you're trying to process the sheer WTF of it, it's easy to miss the cameraman doing weird shit and having a crisis at 1:09
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    “Very close to perfect condition, but my conversion work must leave some marks."

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Unless there’s some private joke I’m missing here - and I get the modification work is junk - I’m uncertain about this thread tbh. Not sure of the validity of picking someone up from the net and placing them on a guitar forum so we can all have a laugh at the fact they’re not very good is in spirit, really. The net is full of people who aren’t very good at something. 
    Just don’t think this kind of approach makes TFB out to be a very welcoming, inclusive place.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    AlexC said:
    Unless there’s some private joke I’m missing here - and I get the modification work is junk - I’m uncertain about this thread tbh. Not sure of the validity of picking someone up from the net and placing them on a guitar forum so we can all have a laugh at the fact they’re not very good is in spirit, really. The net is full of people who aren’t very good at something. 
    Just don’t think this kind of approach makes TFB out to be a very welcoming, inclusive place.
    Spend a day reading YouTube comments and then you will realise that, in internet terms, we are incredibly welcoming and inclusive..

All things are relative
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    AlexC said:
    But without things like this thread, this place would be more dry than the Sahara.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    AlexC said:
    The single funniest post I have ever read on tFB was when someone posted a pic of a rather roughly castellated MDPhillips nut and commented "I suspect this level of fortfied defence would have even defeated the combined forces of Saladin's Army...'

I howled at that for weeks and weeks.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom