WTF did this? Update

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    My uncle-in-law was slow to have his Lyme disease diagnosed and it fucked him up big time.  I'd see a doctor just for the slim chance that this is what it is. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Did you get drunk and get a Kiss FM tattoo?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9648
    It’s a lovebite.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    Not quite as defined as Gassage seems to think. If in any doubt get it checked out.
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/lyme-disease/
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1243
    If it had been a tic bite, you should be able to see the puncture wound in the middle. Plus you're likely to notice having a tic attached to you.

It's worth mentioning, that if you do pick up a tic, don't agitate it.
    It's when you agitate them i.e. trying to burn them, rub them in alcohol, try pulling them of, or covering them soap, that they spew their guts back into you along with anything nasties they happen to be carrying. Ideally you want a proper tic remover, which strangles them so they can't regurgitate anything into you, but if you don't, get a sharp knife and cut the body of as cleanly and closely to your skin as possible. It will leave the head in, which you can howk out with something sharp or just leave until it falls out, but it means you've removed the bit that is likely to cause you problems.

Lyme disease is not a nice thing, and is also a hard thing to diagnose and treat. Rashes don't appear in lots of cases, and there is no definitive test. The last recommendation I seen, was to keep the tic's after removal, and if you do experience fever like symptoms, get to your GP along with the removed tic's for testing, as it's far easier to test the tic's for Lyme's than you.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Looks like a deer tick I got a few years back in the New Forest. I forgot about it for a month then noticed in the bath it had spread out over than half a meter on my leg (it was almost invisible unless I was in bath water). 

Simple, quick course of antibiotics sorted it but if unchecked Lyme's disease can be pretty nasty. Get it checked by a GP and mention Lyme's disease to them as they may have never seen a case. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24350
    notanon said:
    It is trivial to treat.
    With?
    Fire.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    Emp_Fab said:
    notanon said:
    It is trivial to treat.
    With?
    Fire.
    Actually that would work. Fair play Emp that usually destroys most fungus, bacteria, and viruses. I forgot that ancient panacea :-) Simples @littlegreenman ; - torch yourself.

• nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    It could be a tic bite, i was unlucky enough to get bitten and developed the 'bulls eye rash'. As said already Limes disease is nasty, so get it checked out by a doc. As @Fuengi says mention it to the doc because they might not have seen it - The first doc i saw missed it completely, it's only because i went back a few days later and saw another doc that they diagnosed it. 
    It could be a tic bite, i was unlucky enough to get bitten and developed the 'bulls eye rash'. As said already Limes disease is nasty, so get it checked out by a doc. As @Fuengi says mention it to the doc because they might not have seen it - The first doc i saw missed it completely, it's only because i went back a few days later and saw another doc that they diagnosed it. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    edited May 2018
    If it’s Lymes you need anti biotics immediately. As Gass and Nick have said,  Lymes is usually more of a Bullseye type ring. Don’t delay in getting it professionally looked at...
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6879
    notanon said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    notanon said:
    It is trivial to treat.
    With?
    Fire.
    Actually that would work. Fair play Emp that usually destroys most fungus, bacteria, and viruses. I forgot that ancient panacea :-) Simples @littlegreenman ; - torch yourself.

That would also burn the leg hairs off as well so you wouldn’t have to ladyshave! Double win!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4996
    I don't recall being bitten and didn't have a tic stuck to my leg so I'm thinking not Lyme's, but will be getting it checked out.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    Neither did i, until later that day when it started itching like mad. Hopefully it's not (and if it is a dose of antibiotics should sort it) but yes get it checked as soon as you can.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I don't recall being bitten and didn't have a tic stuck to my leg so I'm thinking not Lyme's, but will be getting it checked out.
    When I got bitten I hardly felt anything but remember looking down and brushing what it thought at the time was a spider off my leg. There was no part of the tick left in the bite.  
    And the winner is...

Ringworm! Checked out and definitely not Lyme's. Got Clotrimazole from the Doc, should clear up in a few days to a week.

So no peg-leg then, just as I'd started ptractising Pirate and looking at parrots, arrrrr!!!
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    @littlegreenman , why were you looking at a parrot's arrrr?
    @littlegreenman , why were you looking at a parrot's arrrr?
    Boy's gotta have a hobby! ;)