Mostest best solo I’ve heard in yonks.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2199
    axisus said:

...It's virtually impossible to post music here and get a decent thumbs up from a reasonable percentage people...
    A good observation. I really like the solo, so thanks for posting. Something for me to learn from.

Some of the comments bring to mind "how many guitarists does it take to change a light bulb".
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1632
    axisus said:

...It's virtually impossible to post music here and get a decent thumbs up from a reasonable percentage people...
    A good observation. I really like the solo, so thanks for posting. Something for me to learn from.

Some of the comments bring to mind "how many guitarists does it take to change a light bulb".
    Why? It’s different strokes for different folks. It’s not a negative against the OP. That’s the good thing about music, there’s something for everyone. 

Some of the responses have been helpful “if you like this and think this is great then check these out”. 

Surely the post was put up to entice debate? 

I’m glad it was, I’d never listened to Black Stone Cherry before and yesterday I listened to a few of their songs. It’s not for me but if the OP loves it then great no one is saying he shouldn’t like them, they are giving their opinions on the solo posted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2199
    shaunm said:
    axisus said:

Why? It’s different strokes for different folks. It’s not a negative against the OP. That’s the good thing about music, there’s something for everyone. 

Some of the responses have been helpful “if you like this and think this is great then check these out”. 

Surely the post was put up to entice debate? 

Fair point.
    It's not a competition.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Two great solos in here:

Hell yeah! Love Nels. Impossible Germany is a personal fave of mine.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5162
    Paul_C said:

One of my favourite solos that "fits the song" is this:

Mrs_bob bought one of those "1000 Driving Rock Songs, Of Which Maybe 20 Are Any Good" compilations a while ago with this on it- I hadn't heard it for years, but that solo really is brilliant.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3049
    Paul_C said:

One of my favourite solos that "fits the song" is this:

Talking of Lynyrd Skynyrd...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    More just to share if anyone else likes it! 

I never delve into anything music wise cos its so personal to our tastes, I simply listen, and if it sounds good, it is good! 

Working for hmv for the past 10 years, obviously rock music being ‘not allowed’ to be played in store, I’ve heard allsorts of music that I would never ever have listened to otherwise.. some of it very generic pop shite, but I can’t help but like it.. my itunes is now so broad its insane haha.  
    The only easy day, was yesterday...