Indian

What's Hot
Had a nice day planned today but for the second time now after eating "authentic" Indian at my neighbour's... My gut is aching and so the day is knocked out. Hnngghhh. I think I'll have to steer clear in future. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Why does it hurt so much... :lol: 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11883
    Was it the spiciness?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27690
    Was it the spiciness?
    Or the 17 beers that you "accompanied" it with??
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eating "authentic" Indian
    chicken vindaloo on chips, 10 pints of stella??

:D
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7963
    Ah that sucks. Suggest takeaway next time, maybe pizza.. so they don’t have any cooking/washing to do. You pick the place lol 
    I don't really drink lol. 
    Dear god, it's painful
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    “Ghee”- guaranteed to give you the squits!...
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3273
    Some people struggle with certain types of chilli’s and these can inflame the gut. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27232
    Proper curry is amazing. Not necessarily super-hot - major chilli content is mostly an English penis-waggling competition

What did you have?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    excessive GAS...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    First time there were green chillies... this time it was just cold stuff. Heaven knows - it was nice, though. 

Magically, I'm better now!
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    I had a very nice curry at the Laguna Indian Restaurant close to Ealing Broadway on Monday 15th March, washed down with Cobra Lager. Excellent, with no after effects!!!

I was there with friends, and one chap loved the Poppadoms served with the Lime Chutney. In fact, he ate all the Lime Chutney by himself!!! Can you buy that Lime Chutney??

I usually order:

Chicken Madras, or Chicken Vindaloo, or Chicken Jalfrezi with Pilau Rice
    One Naan with Coriander, etc 
    Bombay Aloo

One time, I bit on a long green chilly pepper, and the corner of my tongue went numb. Since then, I've steered clear of the green chilly pepper.  

I walked past the Lal Akash Indian Restaurant in Leatherhead Town Centre with colleagues from work yesterday, but we decided to go for Fish & Chips with Mushy Peas in the local Weatherspoon Pub. The Lal Akas is excellent when their curry is freshly cooked - not reheated stuff. 

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
    Had a nice day planned today but for the second time now after eating "authentic" Indian at my neighbour's...
    In India, people really struggle when they have Scottish food for dinner.  The haggis isn't too bad aside from rectal bleeding but the deep fried pizza causes hallucinations and arrhythmia.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    rocktron said:
    I had a very nice curry at the Laguna Indian Restaurant close to Ealing Broadway on Monday 15th March, washed down with Cobra Lager. Excellent, with no after effects!!!

I was there with friends, and one chap loved the Poppadoms served with the Lime Chutney. In fact, he ate all the Lime Chutney by himself!!! Can you buy that Lime Chutney??

I usually order:

Chicken Madras, or Chicken Vindaloo, or Chicken Jalfrezi with Pilau Rice
    One Naan with Coriander, etc 
    Bombay Aloo

One time, I bit on a long green chilly pepper, and the corner of my tongue went numb. Since then, I've steered clear of the green chilly pepper.  

I walked past the Lal Akash Indian Restaurant in Leatherhead Town Centre with colleagues from work yesterday, but we decided to go for Fish & Chips with Mushy Peas in the local Weatherspoon Pub. The Lal Akas is excellent when their curry is freshly cooked - not reheated stuff. 

You can buy lime pickle in Sainsburys. My local Indian closed about 3 years ago when the owners retired. They originated from Indian rather than Pakistan or Bangladesh where most proprietors of 'Indian ' restaurants are from. We have kept in touch with them and about every 3 weeks they cook a batch of food for their old customers at home. We buy enough 'supplies' for the 3 weeks and keep them in the freezer. Delicious.    
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11883
    First time there were green chillies... this time it was just cold stuff. Heaven knows - it was nice, though. 

Magically, I'm better now!
    Magically... or have you spent an hour in the loo with a good book and a fire extinguisher?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Loving the comments :)
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8756
    rocktron said:
    The Laguna is one of the better Indian restaurants in London. Amazingly they been cooking to the same quality for over 20 years
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Proper curry is amazing. Not necessarily super-hot - major chilli content is mostly an English penis-waggling competition

What did you have?
    Think it largely depends on region - I have friends and relatives from the north of India, and I've tasted some of their Kashmiri cuisine and it's always blazingly hot! I think the more coconut and seafood based food down in the south like Kerala is a lot milder and smoother.

The spiciest thing I've ever tried was a traditional Drunken Noodles dish Thailand, that was insanely hot. Made a British vindaloo feel like Coronation Chicken!  :o

What baffles me is how the most sweat inducingly hot cuisines come from countries that are incredibly hot and humid. I couldn't eat such hot food every day in that heat!