How Many Times?!

What's Hot
MtBMtB Frets: 922
edited May 2018 in FX
Have you revisited a fx pedal that you've owned before?

I've just been looking back through my history on this place, the old MusicRadar forum and ebay - apparently I've owned and sold Dr Scientist - The Elements 4 times. FOUR TIMES! Between 2012 and 2018

wtf ! 
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9772
    I'm on my third Electro Harmonix double muff I think and I still don't like it much
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    2x The Elements
    i think I’m on my 4th Strymon Flint 
    looking for my 2nd Lazyj Cruiser  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I am on my third Mooer Tender Octaver MK1, but one of those was due to a fault.
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    Carbon Copy 3x
    Lovepedal HPTT 2x sounded brilliant first time round, 2nd one played for about 10mins then put it up on eBay same day
  • David5150David5150 Frets: 118

Zvex fuzz factory - must have brought and sold one of those 3 or 4 times

Never got it to sound good

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6083
    Been round in circles more times than I care to count. Usually it's triggered by a new guitar/bass or amp. Think to myself 'I wonder what X sounds like with this'. And usually it sounds the same as every other time ie. not what I'm hoping for. Recently set myself a new record - sold and repurchased the same pedal inside of eight weeks.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I've never sold anything and gone back and got the same pedal again. 
    There's just too much choice
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7806
    Two.

The moogerfooger Clusterflux and Boss PS3.
    Still got both, won't be selling again.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27105
    I've owned a Timefactor 3 times. They're brilliant, and for me, much better than the Timeline. The Echosystem has firmly displaced it though. I can't imagine ever needing anything else unless Empress do one with a screen so I can remember how to work the bloody thing! 

I've had 3 Whammys too - 1 IV and 2 Vs. And Rats, though I don't tend to sell those, just accumulate them in different flavours.

I think that's about it. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7164
    Whammy 5 twice. Sold the first one and bought a Ricochet thinking I could make do to save space. I could not. 

Also oddly, a Dunlop DVP3 expression. Again for space saving I sold one and bought a Bloomery. Turns out I prefer the Dunlop. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Rat2 - I’ve owned 11 of them over the last 10 years
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    Digitech Obscura four times - pretty sure I won't be going back any time soon but it's an outstanding pedal.

Have owned the ProCo RAT three times - don't have it any more but have a cheap clone called the Eno Myomorphia worth about twenty quid just in case I feel like giving it a shot.

Have owned all the below twice:
    Boss DD-7
    Boss PS-3
    Amptweaker Fat Metal
    Way Huge Green Rhino

• slackerslacker Frets: 2246
    None 

I have some pedals that I will never sell but rarely use. I cannot see the point in buying/selling/repeat. 

Fuzz Factory-bought in 2000, 
    Fulldrive 2 bought in 2001
    Robotalk bought in 2006
    KOT v2 bought in 2006

• Ive owned 3 timelines and 3 timefactors. Now i have a DIgitech hardwire delay and a helix. Sorted!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Not strictly a pedal, but a Boss ME-50 four times - technically only three units because one was the same one I bought back. I now know for sure it's a keeper.

Boss OS-2 about four or five times - I now know for sure why some of them sound different (it's the pots!), but also that it probably isn't a keeper in the long term.

Boss DD-2... maybe three or four, I can't remember for sure. Still the best-sounding delay, but others are more flexible and sound *nearly* as good.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7791

I sold a whole load of pedals a few years ago as I wanted to have some funds in case of emergency.

I have re-acquired most of the ones I sold in the last year, and a couple of them (Bitquest and Count To 5) I now have two :)

The only two I haven't replaced yet that I would like are the Subdecay Quantum Starlight Flanger V1 and the Idiotbox Mad Doctor Stutter.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited May 2018
    Line 6 M5, 9, 13s
    I've had them all, a couple of times each. (I've also been through the Zoom versions)
    I'm even looking at an M5 now -- plugged in once only.
    In theory -- everything I need.
    In reality -- I just like stomp boxes.

I should sell this M5

• ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    EHX Small Stone twice, Devi Ever 90 twice. Went through a few phasers to realise the small stone is great and has all the flexibility I need in an effect that I only use on a few songs, the Devi Ever 90 is just really fun.
  • Bought and sold a TC SCF twice