Inhumane separation of children from parents

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited June 2018
    Not sure why you are equating illegal entry with doing 31 in a 30 I am just pointing out that entering a country illegally, *is* (I think) a crime. I would expect the ramifications of the crime (speeding, or illegally entering a country) to be well documented. Or they should be at least!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7007
    quarky said:
    Not sure why you are equating illegal entry with doing 31 in a 30 I am just pointing out that entering a country illegally, *is* (I think) a crime. I would expect the ramifications of the crime (speeding, or illegally entering a country) to be well documented. Or they should be at least!
    I’m not equating the two, it was just an straightforward way to demonstrate that breaking a law doesn’t automatically mean getting sent to prison.

Under the existing policy - which hasn’t changed as part of this week’s events - ALL illegal entry cases will be charged as criminal offences.  This carries a maximum sentence of 6 months imprisonment for a first offence and 2 years for repeat offenders.

The Executive Order only directs that families shall be imprisoned together indefinitely “during the pendency of any criminal improper entry or immigration proceedings“.  The end point of that is still getting thrown in jail and having your kids taken away.  It’s simply kicking the problem down the road.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Intelligence is a small curve enlighted by self destruction

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    Came upon a clip of Trump supporters at a rally being questioned on their response to the border situation. An elderly woman, very distressed, finally managed to get her words out 'He tries so hard, they're so down on him'. Only in America.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Melania Trump, yesterday, input the numbers and came to the conclusion that a £29 khaki jacket from Zara, emblazoned with the slogan “I really don’t care. Do U?”, was the right thing to wear as she flew to meet with children detained at the border of Texas, many of whom had been separated from their parents and held in cages as part of her husband’s zero-tolerance policy towards illegal immigration.

You couldn't make this up ... what was she thinking?

The jacket in question ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    whatever else he is, you can't deny he is the most entertaining president since Zaphod Beeblebrox. I'm sure the whole world will be a worse place as a result of tenure, but we are at least entertained. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I can just imagine Donald waving her out the door.  “Ya look great honey!  Have fun!”
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited June 2018
    Cols said:
    I can just imagine Donald waving her out the door.  “Ya look great honey!  Have fun!”
    The coat was originally green and plain .. then Donald grabbed a brush and a tin of paint .. couldn't spell 'you' though .. ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2018
    Her blouse is even better.

https://imgur.com/gallery/vshBc2r
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    Fretwired said:
    You couldn't make this up ... what was she thinking?

What was she thinking? Me, me, me. The Trump family motto.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4924
    JezWynd said:
    Came upon a clip of Trump supporters at a rally being questioned on their response to the border situation. An elderly woman, very distressed, finally managed to get her words out 'He tries so hard, they're so down on him'. Only in America.

It turns out that girl was not separated from her parents.

Genuine fake news!!!

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
    I'm not saying Jarvis is always right, but...

You are the dreamer, and the dream...