Grass Cutting

What's Hot

Comments

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    the only thing I hate about it is the edges - I can't seem to ever find a strimmer that isn't a total waste of space - the plastic wire pings off, the reel gets jammed, etc. and it's hateful. Any recommendations? I've not got a large garden at all, but lots of corners, edges and overhangs that need sorting.
    If you buy a stihl kombi tool you can get strimmer  attachments and also an edging tool. It's a vertical spinning blade that cuts edges perfectly. Great gadget
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4793
    Cutting the grass is just a chore for me, but I do like it when I've finished. I don't strim, I use edging shears. Just one suggestion for those who like electric mowers and are OK about a rotary blade (like me) and don't need a cylinder blade. Buy a battery-powered one. They're so worth the expense once you realise the freedom of no cable to drag through flower beds. 
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    What do you get if you run over a sparrow with your Lawn Mower?

Shredded Tweat!    (i'm here all week)
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    I turfed our garden a few years back but it doesn't seem to grow that quickly. I get bored just sitting in the Garden and so i don't mind cutting the grass. I hate clearing next doors cat shit out of my borders. I also got a bit fed up with the ammount of pears i have to collect each year so i cut the tree right back. (Talking of Backs) mine is a dodgy one and has been for years but i love pottering in the  garden.
    I bought some tools with longer handles etc to help and instead of using a spade for the borders i bought one of them edging tools by Bull dog, Its like a half moon on the end of a stick. It has a bit of weight in it and makes the job easier to separate the lawn from the borders which then makes it easier for me to mow the lawn. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    martinw said:
    RiftAmps said:
    martinw said:
    I used to hate it, but in our new house we have big grass areas (won't call them lawns) so I have to get on with it.
    Then I bought a good petrol mower, self-propelled, electric start, and now I really like it.
    As a petrol head, it's something with an engine that I can drive and tinker with.

I upgraded this year to a 173cc Motor with a 53cm blade, self-propelled drive and a 70l collector. Mega.
    Nice. I've got 158cc's myself, with a mere 16" blade, a classic Hayter Harrier.
    Yep, I'm a lawn mower geek!
    :) 
    Gone are the days when we used to make them into Go-karts ! 158cc would have been King of the Strip when I were a lad !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3325
    I hate cutting the grass, so much so I pay someone to do it. Takes them about 3 hours and they charge £30 for it. Leaves me the weekend free to enjoy it. 

I looked into buying the equipment I need and I can pay this chap for three years before I reach the same costs. I don’t have anywhere to store it all at the moment so I’ll enjoy my laziness for a few years more. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

I'll just leave this here:

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10416

It takes me about 3 hours to do the first cut of summer and then I have about 26 sacks of grass to get rid off. I dream of a ride on mower. It don't look that big in this picture but my gardens about 50 metres long and 20 odd wide.  The greenhouse is gone now so even more grass

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    A spade is the best edging tool if you don’t go the power tools route. Hoover up the cuttings with the lawnmower. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Danny1969 said:

It takes me about 3 hours to do the first cut of summer and then I have about 26 sacks of grass to get rid off. I dream of a ride on mower. It don't look that big in this picture but my gardens about 50 metres long and 20 odd wide.  The greenhouse is gone now so even more grass

"Your Lupins or your Life!"
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Do you mow the dog? Or just strim around it?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Mowing and use hedge trimmer tomorrow, a good weekend for it.
    Grass starting to die off anyway.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    DLM said:

'Ere, @VimFuego - another use for pitchforks - who'da thunk it?!

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15515
    I've heard some people misuse them in that manner, it does not meet with my approval, no sir!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    You would be lucky to get a half dozen bales of hay from that field.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• SporkySporky Frets: 28378
    DLM said:

She'd snap you like a dry twig.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My attitude to cutting the grass has changed, since it started to go brown.  Yesterday was spent trimming dry brown stuff, followed by watering it in the evening.

I preferred it how it was. :)
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Substitute 'Jamie' for 'Gaylord' and you'll be halfway to feeling about how I fee about the subject

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Sporky said:
    DLM said:

She'd snap you like a dry twig.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/66595556/thats-my-fetish.jpg
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    Tip of the week: When watering your grass add some whisky

It comes up half-cut.