Natural relicing

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    You lot don't know how good you have it.

I have to relic 34" scale basses. Even our supersize American whazzamacallit fridge freezer combo struggles to eat them...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16751

I have to relic 34" scale basses. Even our supersize American whazzamacallit fridge freezer combo struggles to eat them...
    what, bolt on neck ones?
    WezV said:

what, bolt on neck ones?
    Shit - I didn't think to unbolt the neck.....

:)

Yes, but for some reason the actual neck length with a P headstock on it's own is about 1/2 an inch longer than any suable space in any bit of the freezer. The bodies fit in fine, but getting a neck in always seems to be a real challenge in shelf juggling. Mrs B gets well annoyed when the Aunt Bessies are inaccessible as there's a chunk of maple and rosewood in the way
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    munckee said:

Good choice of pie, I prefer a proper pastry to puff but you can't knock steak and ale.  Good job with the compressed air too.
    The worrying thing is, I’ve just done the weekly shop and that pie is still in there... that pic was taken over a year ago :)

may have to throw the pie out!!!!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16751
    i think the answer still seems to be a chest freezer for the big stuff, or just throw it in a lake like this firebird
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6733
    my 2014 LP standard has barely left the back room but the headstock appears to be naturally relicing itself. The edges seem to be discolouring or coming off. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    WezV said:
    i think the answer still seems to be a chest freezer for the big stuff, or just throw it in a lake like this firebird
    We have a chest freezer as well, and if I knew where to dump the masses of bags of mince and other random frozen foodstuffs I'd use it. 

Last time I put a body on top in there Mrs B thought she'd be amusing and tried to serve it up as dinner for me claiming it was "nutritious"

How I lol'd.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    WezV said:
    I’m going to call... “very sweaty guitarist” for the wear on the firebird...
    soma1975 said:
    my 2014 LP standard has barely left the back room but the headstock appears to be naturally relicing itself. The edges seem to be discolouring or coming off. 
    Is it on a hanger? In natural sunlight? UV can make a big difference too.. 
    not on a hanger. I did put it out in the sun a few times trying to fade the top but had the headstock covered. Did sweet fa to the body... 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    not on a hanger. I did put it out in the sun a few times trying to fade the top but had the headstock covered. Did sweet fa to the body... 
    might be an issue with the original lacquer, or the prep, or the wood then. If it doesn’t look horrific I’d not worry about it. 
    I've already stripped the innards and swapped the tuners. My resale value is already nowt :)