The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• That is most unfortunate. How something like that can even pass QA is beyond me. I worked for 7 years as a QA Manager for a music tech company, and even though we had our moments (as all companies do) raw functionality like that shouldn't be breaking. Certainly shouldn't be released like that.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2445
    Posted this on the Kemper forum but it's worth repeating here...

Absolute nightmare for me since updating, can’t believe that new firmware is out of Beta.

Rearranging performances is a disaster as it just keeps duplicating the name of them and moving them into the wrong position and to top it off my Kemper just shat the bed during a wedding gig and wiped the performance I was on when it eventually rebooted.

Not impressed at all. Beta I can understand but a full release?

Yeah, when I read that my immediate reaction was 'Holy sh*t'. Could understand the advice of not updating just before a gig if it was beta....but not if it's a final release.
  • Post a bit of shit in the comments on the Anderton's video, that'll go down well. It's awful that they can't get that right.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Post a bit of shit in the comments on the Anderton's video, that'll go down well. It's awful that they can't get that right.
    Ha!

I commented on that vid with something along the lines of "The only editor that's anywhere near this is the one in post-production".
  • FarleyUK said:
    Post a bit of shit in the comments on the Anderton's video, that'll go down well. It's awful that they can't get that right.
    Ha!

I commented on that vid with something along the lines of "The only editor that's anywhere near this is the one in post-production".
    Nice!!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10368
    Editor is delayed by a few days. 
  •  TeleMaster said:

Good.  Because my music pc packed up on Friday morning.  I've ordered a new power supply (which I'm hoping was the root cause of the failure and not a consequence of another fault) but I don't see why you lot should be enjoying the long awaited editor when I can't :p
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Editor is delayed by a few years. 
    Thanks for the update.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • Editor is delayed by a few days. 

Good.  Because my music pc packed up on Friday morning.  I've ordered a new power supply (which I'm hoping was the root cause of the failure and not a consequence of another fault) but I don't see why you lot should be enjoying the long awaited editor when I can't p

Wait a minute............I think we have a stasis leak

No idea why they posted twice 5 mins apart...
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    No idea why they posted twice 5 mins apart...

I was expecting it to be a running joke where you posted the same comment every day...
    Just heard back from Kemper support about the unit I sent away that kept getting boot errors.... they say they cannot replicate the issue. I've stated I'm not happy just getting the unit back, as I have no confidence in it (locked up and froze at three different gigs).

We'll see what happens.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4209
    FarleyUK said:
    Just heard back from Kemper support about the unit I sent away that kept getting boot errors.... they say they cannot replicate the issue. I've stated I'm not happy just getting the unit back, as I have no confidence in it (locked up and froze at three different gigs).

We'll see what happens.....
    Kemper do seem to be having more than their fair share of QC issues of late, someone has taken their eye off of the ball
    To be fair it can be fairly normal to have this with brand new products. Although I’m on Stage number 4 now...

@sgosden I’m not that funny..
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9636
    Mine is perfect, I must say fortunately :)

@Wazmeister one thing I’ve noticed over all 4 I’ve had is that the Stage doesn’t like you pressing up or down too fast on the performance buttons to scroll to the one you want. A bit annoying as sometimes I have to skip a good few to get to the Performance I want. 
    edited October 2019
    Another update on the editor by a moderator on the Kemper forums. 

They’ve said it’s close, and a few days still holds true but the moderator said he doesn’t know what will change. 

This sounds ominous to me. And while I understand all of this, I just don’t get why they’re saying ‘end of September’, and then when it’s not, they then say ‘a few days’, and then a few days later they say ‘things might change’.

Just say it'll it’ll be done when it’s done and leave it at that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821

They’ve said it’s close, and a few days still holds true but the moderator said he doesn’t know what will change. 

This sounds ominous to me. And while I understand all of this, I just don’t get why they’re saying ‘end of September’ And then a few days, and it may not be. 

It will definitely be released before Halloween, but I'm not saying which year  ;)
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    Freebird said:

This sounds ominous to me. And while I understand all of this, I just don’t get why they’re saying ‘end of September’ And then a few days, and it may not be. 

It will definitely be released before Halloween, but I'm not saying which year  ;)
    Bit like Brexit this...