Guitar shopping in Paris?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2606
    edited June 2018
    I'm a guitar obsessive who's spent a lot of time in Paris (5 visits in the last 3 years alone).  And yet I've never visited a guitar shop, even though I often do in other cities. 

All the research I've done suggests prices are significantly higher than here, plus I'd have the hassle of getting stuff home, so a purchase is highly unlikely.  I never feel comfortable trying stuff out in a guitar shop if I know there's virtually zero chance I'll buy.  Also French seem to be less comfortable with the idea of people hanging around smaller shops "just having a look".

I'd find other things to do in Paris. 

“To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not sure if you are looking for something vintage, but if it is current models that you are looking at it might be worthwhile visiting someone like Woodbrass on the Avenue Jean Jaurès. Like most retail outlets in France Woodbrass are having their summer sales right now. They seem to have a lot of instruments at 20 - 30% off, some even more. I have bought a fair bit of stuff from Woodbrass and never had any issues at all.

There is also Star's music on the Boulevard de Clichy. Their sale this time around seems to be pretty poor to be honest, but I mention them because I bought a Prestige Ibanez Talman from them last year, which was in their summer sale with a 450€ reduction, which I though wasn't a bad deal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Why not visit this guy:
    http://vleffects.free.fr/home.html

I have his jimi black pedal and it’s very good. I would love to hear the others. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom