Tokai Love Rock vs Gibson Les Paul - what to get?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NeilNeil Frets: 3637
    For your price range I would be looking at a second hand Gibson Trad Les Paul.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2330
    edited July 2018
    I've got  a an 00's Tokai LC85 and a a 2013 or 2014 les paul standard.     Out of the two I would say I prefer the Tokai for the finish, build quality and general playability of it.  The les paul weighs  less which is good for a short fat bloke on a 3 hour gig..  It also smells  nicer.  

Japanses Tokai's generally tend to be well made and I doubt you'll get  a honker.  Les Pauls are a lot more expensive, and QC is a lot more hit and miss.   If you're of the personality  that a  copy isn't as good as the 'real thing'  then save up the dough and  hunt for a gibson as otherwise you'll always feel inferior.  If on the other hand logo status isn't important then get a Tokai or a good copy as it should be cheaper for a comparable instrument.

Personally I don't give two hoots about logos and generally gig with my tokai strat or  blade strat, a yamaha superflighter, or one of the les pauls and  occasionally a tele of which I have 2 fenders and a levinson blade (the blade is much the better instrument).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Neil said:
    For your price range I would be looking at a second hand Gibson Trad Les Paul.
    Just done the obligatory eBay search and you may well be right. :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom