NGD: Fender Custom Shop Strat - in blue (obvs!)!

What's Hot
Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3472
edited July 2018 in Guitar
After deliberating about whether or not I could get close to the Custom Shop experience with a less expensive model - a question I asked on this forum a week or so back (http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/134344/can-you-make-a-less-expensive-strat-feel-play-sound-as-good-as-a-custom-shop) - I decided that I would take the plunge on a Custom Shop and I'm bloody glad I did too, it's an amazing, amazing guitar!

Big thanks to everyone who chipped in on that thread. To @guitars4you for talking through a few spec decisions with me and ultimately he and @dangriffiths for convincing me that buying something I liked straight off the shelf would be a worthwhile thing to do given the wait and relative risk involved in ordering your first custom instrument.

For all the flack World Guitars get, they were tidy with me and made the experience a nice one considering this is the most I'd ever spent on a guitar. I'm over the moon with it and have written some thoughts about how I think it compares to my old Suhr and why I sold the Suhr on and bought this one, which you may/may not be interested to read - there's some specs and also a few nice pics in there too of the new one and the old one!

Thanks all!

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments