51 P Bass Semi-acoustic: The Bass Fender Forgot to Make

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10396
    tFB Trader
    For those who are interested I spent part of today CAD drawing the Jazz Bass pickup version of this little brute today ... should have it up, running, and in the butt end of my Jazz bass by the weekend. It'll be much nearer the sweet spot for a Rick bridge pickup, so should have all the clang.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    Sorry for bumping an old thread. Would love to hear how this bass is going for the OP! Would also love to hear how it sounds! @Bridgehouse ;
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Sorry for bumping an old thread. Would love to hear how this bass is going for the OP! Would also love to hear how it sounds! @Bridgehouse ;
    Still here - been gigged lots. Very punchy. Very usable live and recorded. Lightweight, easy to play, and gets used more than the other fretted basses. Only supplanted by the fretless Shuker tbh..
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It looks awesome. Might have been asked already but any neck dive with the lighter body?
    It looks awesome. Might have been asked already but any neck dive with the lighter body?
    No, it’s a cut down Tele headstock and lightweight tuners compensated by a big chunky bridge that balances it well
    Are these tele bass necks baseball bat like? Love the headstocks on them, but like a thin neck ;(
    Are these tele bass necks baseball bat like? Love the headstocks on them, but like a thin neck ;(
    Mine was made as a neck and body set. I could have specified any neck profile I wanted.
    Don’t forget - apart from home builds, thinline tele basses don’t exist - Fender never made one, so there is no standard profile.