This is what £1300 cans look like...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    edited December 2019
    spark240 said:
    Megii said:
    @spark240 - you posted about these Focal Clear headphones in another thread I started about expensive headphones some time ago. They were too much for me to contemplate at the time. Anyhow, finally, after much study of reviews (written and Youtube) I decided that they were likely to be to my taste, and since music is such a big thing for me, they might be worth the investment (just under £1070 delivered from Gear4Music). So ordered a set - early Christmas present from me to me - arrived this morning, and bloody hell they're are just astonishing. I'm only listening with a cheap heaphone dac on Youtube at the moment, and it's still quite amazing - blown away, hairs on the arms standing up stuff. Modern recordings are fabulous, some older ones show their limitations but still reveal hidden details and sound great. I guess at some point in the not too distant I will be upgrading the dac to something a bit better, but wow, and cheers for first putting me on to these headphones.
    Hey dude !...Glad you like them, it’s a really big investment so I’m glad I contributed in some small way .
    @spark240, sorry and cheers for the reply - not been on the forum for a while. Indeed a big investment as you say, but no regrets. Now using the headphones with a much better desktop Audiolab M-DAC (the original version) with very nice results. Planning to switch to driving them balanced soon (needs a custom cable ordering). I would say the thing with high end stuff like this is not that you get "blown away" amazement - more the case that you just just come to realise that you can hear so much detail and texture in a recording. Kind of agree with you @Jalapeno, although not an important point for me - main thing is the headphones suit me very well, which they need to when one is spending this kind of dosh. Don't have probs with the left/right indication though - just remember that the silver bits on the side where the driver vents are need to be closer to the front. Not sure if there has been some burn in with the headphones, or if it's my brain/ears getting more used to the sound, but the headphones now seem a bit sweeter-sounding than they did at first.

edit: just read previous post, and apparently I was blown away at first despite what I've just said lol - how quickly we become accustomed to things ha ha :D but they are fabulous headphones.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom