Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10707
    And congrats!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    Thanks. Last night I had a dream that she gave birth to an alien :-)
    Use Your Brian
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    She's a bit young for that if she's still in the mother's womb tbh.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    best wishes @hungrymark :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Cheers Phil!
    Use Your Brian
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited April 2014
    Best of luck @hungrymark, hope all goes well :)

As for me... I've just spent a really, really scary amount of money on three concert tickets for myself and two mates. My bank balance is crying a bit... the deal is that I'll be reimbursed by them but for the time being, I've just spent over 200 quid and I feel a little guilty.

On the plus side, this means that in July I will be seeing Black Sabbath, Soundgarden, Faith No More, Motorhead, Rise to Remain, Gallows, Soulfly and Wolfmother (among others) all in the same place on the same day, with two great friends. Which should be pretty cool.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited April 2014

But did it look like the alien milkman ?

I always think the 12 week scan is by far the most stressful.  You go in with a worry about almost every possibility.  Feels a great deal more real after though, which is cool.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27135
    First wedding anniversary on Friday (where did that year go?!) and the jewellery I picked went down well :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

But did it look like the alien milkman ?

I always think the 12 week scan is by far the most stressful.  You go in with a worry about almost every possibility.  Feels a great deal more real after though, which is cool.

Totally.

We did start getting milk delivered in January actually, come to think of it.
    Use Your Brian
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    My Site Hardware Control Program (aka SHCP) has been "working" for about a week. We tested it with flicking toggle switches to simulate its inputs. Over the last few days I've been working on a Hardware Simulator, which kind of worked but on Tuesday night's overnight soak test we found that it could lock up waiting for an event which didn't happen. Lots of tracing & diagnostic listings later, I had an idea this morning for a fix ... and it works irrespective of what we throw at it (for now...)

Anyway, tonight I'm going home with the "smug satisfaction of the knowledge of a job well done".
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4149
    I've been headhunted for a new job, not too shabby considering I've not quite graduated, and my grades are decidedly average. I thought this part was meant to be difficult? :p
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Awesome, congrats!

I'm sitting here waiting for an online skype music lesson - really looking forward to it :)

edited April 2014
    Two new Wows today.

Downside is that I haven't a clue what post they were for. Thanks anyway, if it was you :D

Anyway, I'm now off to the pub with an old mate whom I haven't seen for ages. :)
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    viz said:

Awesome, congrats!

I'm sitting here waiting for an online skype music lesson - really looking forward to it :)

Who was it with, and how was it?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

edited April 2014
    Had some drinks with one of my very oldest friends (we're both approaching 19 and have known each other since we were four), it was very nice to see him. Am currently in a state of pleasant intoxication in which I am still able to talk (and just about type) but everything is really funny and I just love everyone. Now I'm going to listen to this marvellous piece of music, then go to bed and relish the fact I don't have to wake up early tomorrow.

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4149
    viz said:

Awesome, congrats!

Cheers! It's a role I'm interested in, although a different area and slightly less responsibility than what I was initially going to accept. It'll take some deliberation for sure, but two offers on the table can't be a bad thing (they're both from the same company). I'm tempted to go for the newer offer as it's got a less risky learning curve initially, and shouldn't hold me back later on from moving over to project management at some point. If anything the new role will help as I'd primarily be involved with service design and requirements analysis alongside the PMs anyway, maybe do this for a year or so and if a PM opportunity doesn't present itself again then I'll jump on a grad scheme and see where the wind takes me. Either one would make up for my grades, regardless! :)
    viz said:

Awesome, congrats!

Cheers! It's a role I'm interested in, although a different area and slightly less responsibility than what I was initially going to accept. It'll take some deliberation for sure, but two offers on the table can't be a bad thing (they're both from the same company). I'm tempted to go for the newer offer as it's got a less risky learning curve initially, and shouldn't hold me back later on from moving over to project management at some point. If anything the new role will help as I'd primarily be involved with service design and requirements analysis alongside the PMs anyway, maybe do this for a year or so and if a PM opportunity doesn't present itself again then I'll jump on a grad scheme and see where the wind takes me. Either one would make up for my grades, regardless! :)

all else being equal, go for the bigger name - you've no idea how much that'll help you in later life, for cv points, and for your personal network. Good luck!
    edited April 2014
    mike_l said:
    viz said:

Awesome, congrats!

Who was it with, and how was it?

Greg Howe. He's really good. I've been having composition lessons with him.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Excellent viz

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Cheers. It's really useful, soooo enlightening. It's amazing to be honest.