Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot
1868788899092»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28370
    I got a million pounds in orders this week (our annual target is about £20M).

I asked our CRO if that earned me a cake. Apparently it does, so a Betty's Grand Cru Sachertorte is on its way to me. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    Sporky said:

I asked our CRO if that earned me a cake. Apparently it does, so a Betty's Grand Cru Sachertorte is on its way to me. 
    Congrats, nailed it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18821
    Sporky said:

Employee leaving cake of the week The Poke
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28370
    munckee said:
    Sporky said:

Congrats, nailed it. 
    Ta. I also got a written reassurance that they will never make me work in the office. Which is maybe better even than cake. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    Had my appraisal recently and asked for 10% rise. Got the response back to say “exceeded every expectation set” and they have given me 14.5% rise so generally pleased but now wonder what if I had asked for 20%! : )
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27094
    edited April 29
    After a super shitty couple of weeks with my brain meds not working right I finally started feeling better and had a great music weekend. 

Friday night was an impromptu jam with some new guys I met via facebook. All clicked extremely well and within 10 minutes it felt like one of the easiest most vibey music things I've ever done

Saturday morning I rebuild my board and that's working really nicely. I need a MIDI switch so I regain tap tempo on the HXStomp but sonically it's doing everything I need and then some. 

Saturday afternoon was rehearsal with the regular band which was the best session we'd had in ages, which is great because we should be recording in the next couple of weeks

Sunday I met up with an old colleague for a good catchup AND then had one of our singers over for another jam and general planning, and it looks like we're going to be in great shape to launch a musical duo act as well. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1851
    Today I was doing the usual manual labour at the garden centre. Sun shining, blistering heat and strong wind plus the bike ride in and back.

It was glorious, the high spot was a Magnum Classic from the freezer at lunchtime.
    Ain't life grand?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom