New Summer project..... PAISLEY STRAT

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Stunning.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    What pickups and trem did you fit Adrian? 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6156
    tFB Trader
    Adam_MD said:
    It’s a set of bare knuckle mother’s milk pickups. The trem is a gotoh 510 unit fitted with KTS titanium saddles 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    ThorpyFX said:
    Adam_MD said:
    It’s a set of bare knuckle mother’s milk pickups. The trem is a gotoh 510 unit fitted with KTS titanium saddles 
    Interesting I’ve been intrigued by titanium saddles for a while and bought a set for my current tele project.  I’m just waiting on the body and neck arriving from Scott so I can get on with it.  
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2529
    That looks incredible. Love the roasted maple neck with the gold paisley. Amazing looking beast!
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6686
    Dibs! 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    Gah...I wanted non-roasted maple and rosewood  :/

2nd dibs on the loaded body lol (before we even let the poor chap enjoy it)

Impressed you did all that in a day though!!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    The neck was all refretted, fret dressed, earvana nut installed and set-up and ready to bolt on and go.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5048
    edited July 2018
    Beauty! What’s the weight, out of interest? 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I must confess that when I saw the Gold vs the Pink edged Paisleys on Scott’s feed I wasn’t totally convinced but in context with the roasted maple neck it looks incredible. 
    Nice build man 
    tFB Trader
    The neck was all refretted, fret dressed, earvana nut installed and set-up and ready to bolt on and go.
    yeah fettling was a massive understatement. re-carve, refinish, re-fret, new nut and sundry works to resolve a botched carving of a logo on my part

Its incredible now though.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    That is really gorgeous.
  • Extraordinarily lovely object. Am I the only person wondering how hard it would have been to have aligned the scratchplate graphic with the body graphic? 
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Absolutely stunning.

Good work everyone!
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    tFB Trader
    Extraordinarily lovely object. Am I the only person wondering how hard it would have been to have aligned the scratchplate graphic with the body graphic? 
    It was considered..... however these sheets are only a certain size so you'd have to find one that lined up amongst the one chosen for the body. Then on top of that it may not have enough coverage for the scratch plate despite lining up...

and to be honest despite these difficulties it made more sense that they were mismatched... its too perfect if they line up 100% and actually its nigh on impossible to make it line up 100% so if it was 99% then it'd bug the crap out of me.....

best to be purposely mismatched.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fair enough! It is a truly fabulous thing either way. 
  • @ThorpyFX I must say that looks stunning.  Makes me wonder if they would do me the same finish in a Jazzmaster body, which would pair nicely with an aged gold anodized guard
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    @ThorpyFX I must say that looks stunning.  Makes me wonder if they would do me the same finish in a Jazzmaster body, which would pair nicely with an aged gold anodized guard
    I was having a verrrrry similar thought. Except with a paisley guard ! 
    tFB Trader
    DrBob said:
    @ThorpyFX I must say that looks stunning.  Makes me wonder if they would do me the same finish in a Jazzmaster body, which would pair nicely with an aged gold anodized guard
    I was having a verrrrry similar thought. Except with a paisley guard ! 
    you both need to email him, his jobs list is just getting longer as more people realise how cool his work is.