Familiar?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31735
    Guitars are for making money with, what's the problem? 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AnderzAnderz Frets: 30
    Chalky said:
    Snags said:
    Have any of you ever considered actually talking to your partners?
    Exactly.  How can you be a bloke with balls yet let your wife control what you buy with your money?  Perhaps you and I are the odd ones out and everybody else lives in a "1980s henpecked husband" sitcom.... :)
    I could not agree more. It's my money and my business! Man up I would say. Or pussy wiped.
    Computer Shop UK Your PC Needs In One Place: https://computershopuk.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5735
    Great thread and great advice and some good lols too. But are none of you worried your other halves will serreptitiously join this forum and one day catch you all out ;)  

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Haych said:
    Great thread and great advice and some good lols too. But are none of you worried your other halves will serreptitiously join this forum and one day catch you all out ;)  
    She knows. She knows it all. How much, when, where and why. 

She gives me no stick and lets me get on with it. There's some things she wants the household funds to be able to cope with (holidays, furniture, redecorating etc etc) and so long as they do, she doesn't care.

That's why I married her. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5735
    Haych said:
    She knows. She knows it all. How much, when, where and why. 

She gives me no stick and lets me get on with it. There's some things she wants the household funds to be able to cope with (holidays, furniture, redecorating etc etc) and so long as they do, she doesn't care.

That's why I married her. 
    Sounds like you got a goodun pal. Much kudos to you. I can’t complain, my Mrs let me order a custom spec’d Anderson Drop Top earlier this year. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
      Anderz said: I could not agree more. It's my money and my business! Man up I would say. Or pussy wiped.
    @Anderz I don't normally pick up non-natives on spelling, but you might like to whizz that last word through the dictionary...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    With two potentially expensive hobbies (guitars and cycling) I've always just told my wife what, when and how much. To be fair she has never really questioned me, her biggest concern is how much space I take up. So five guitars and a parts caster project under way and five bikes, currently no bike build projects - it's all good :)
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7831
    Some people asking why. See, when you take a tolerant wife out of the dating pool there's one less for the rest of us :)

Plus asking for forgiveness is always easier than for permission. 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Some people asking why. See, when you take a tolerant wife out of the dating pool there's one less for the rest of us :)

Tolerant?!!  No no no no no!

My wife doesn't tolerate what I buy. I don't tolerate what she buys. We accept each other as we are.  Neither of us is a parent-figure to the other, judging what the other buys.  Imagine this - we live together as two ADULTS! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1269
    Chalky said:

My wife doesn't tolerate what I buy. I don't tolerate what she buys. We accept each other as we are.  Neither of us is a parent-figure to the other, judging what the other buys.  Imagine this - we live together as two ADULTS! :)
    This.

I do occasionally get rolled eyes about purchases but it’s invariably over where I’m going to put it and how I’m going to find space for it, but ultimately if she doesn’t trip over it[1] and it doesn’t come out of the shared household budget[2] then it’s entirely my affair.

[1] I am actually getting a certain level of grumbling about access to the filing cabinet at the moment...
    [2] Both of which are legitimate concerns in my view.

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 473
    JayGee said:
    Chalky said:

This.

I do occasionally get rolled eyes about purchases but it’s invariably over where I’m going to put it and how I’m going to find space for it, but ultimately if she doesn’t trip over it[1] and it doesn’t come out of the shared household budget[2] then it’s entirely my affair.

[1] I am actually getting a certain level of grumbling about access to the filing cabinet at the moment...

My wife tends to just let me buy guitars but does complain about them being “all over the place”. I’m quite amused when she says “ what am I going to do with them if anything happens to you “, meaning if I drop down dead. 
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 473
    JayGee said:
    Chalky said:

This.

My wife tends to just let me buy guitars but does complain about them being “all over the place”. I’m quite amused when she says “ what am I going to do with them if anything happens to you “, meaning if I drop down dead.