Thank you Fender!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    My main guitar for a long time was my strat with a 7.25 board and then I became certain it was that holding me back from being the next Gary Moore. Turns out it wasn’t. 
    I like the look of that strat in the link. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1957
    Barnezy said:
    So the guitar has arrived and it is very nice. My only concern is with the neck alignment. The high E string Strats to run away from the fret board. I’ve measured it and at the nut there is 2.5mm of space to the edge of the fretboard, on the last fret there is only 1.5mm. The low E seems to run parallel to the edge of the board. My only assumption is the bridge is slightly further away from the neck at the high E side and this is pulling the string out of alignment. 

Ive looked at my other guitars and don’t notice this on them. I can’t tell yet if it’s going to be an annoying problem. Does anyone have a view on this? 
    Take it back and get a G&L or a Japanese Tokai - The difference in quality is very noticeable and suddenly it's not all about the 'F' and more about the build. I hated my Fender AVRIs.

If you're still keen on it, then try to find a luthier that will set it up for £30 - £50 (could need a new nut, or a shim).
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Check the saddles haven't scooched over - looks like there is some leeway for sideways play.
    You can also try reseating the neck - loosen the screws1/4 turn , push the neck to the bass side and re-tighten. That often sorts it out.