Ever re-bought a guitar back that you sold?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
...... And was it a good idea or not? I haven't personally.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1975
    edited July 2018
    Yep - Sometimes you don't realize how good it is until it's gone (plus it was only a cheapy)

I would buy back my G&L Invader, provided it is still in perfect condition - I like looking after my stuff
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12683
    Yes - a few times.

The most recent one being the Shergold 12 string that I sold to @monofin and regretted it... and gentleman that he is, he sold it back to me.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    impmann said: ki
    Yes - a few times.

The most recent one being the Shergold 12 string that I sold to @monofin and regretted it... and gentleman that he is, he sold it back to me.
    And funnily enough then regretted selling it back to @impmann . Funny old world is GAS.
    Damn fine guitar that - best 12 string i've had the pleasure of owning
  • Yup. 

Raygun SG Jr- I bought & sold it 3 times! Each time I sold it to fund something "better" (a Gibson 2015 Jr, a Edwards LP & a strat). If it came up for sale I'd consider buying it again. It sounds great & looks amazing, the neck is a smidge too thin for me though. 

Squier Bass VI- fun things, sold it because I didn't know what it was "for". Bought another. Still fun, still couldn't work out a use to justify it! Sold it again & bought a "real" bass. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7250
    About 5 times, possibly 6 if finances finally pan out.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4159
    I'd love to buy my old Epiphone Les Paul back (the guitar in my avatar). It wasn't an expensive guitar, but it was fabulous to play and sounded wonderful once I'd put a pair of Iron Gear Rolling Mill pickups in it.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23201

PRS Standard 22 Satin.  I bought it back for the price I sold it, but in the meantime it had had a nice fret dress and setup, so I felt I'd done quite well out of it.

I sold it again soon after though, to a bloke in Hungary if I remember right, so I don't expect to see it again.

• selexisselexis Frets: 50
    Bought and sold an old Fender Telecaster Deluxe three times :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Don’t think so. Not yet..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6119
    edited July 2018
    Only once. My first 'good' guitar was a USA Telecaster Custom. Sold it because it was too heavy and I fancied a lightweight acoustic for folk nights. Bought it back a year later from the store I sold it to. It was still too heavy and was soon gone for good.

I've done it many times with pedals, usually because I'm wondering if it would work better with a different guitar. They seldom do and it's a habit I've been able to break.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9424
    I’ve not got an actual guitar I’ve sold, but I’ve gone back and brought the same model when I regretted selling a guitar.
    The one I’d definitely buy back in a second was a custom shop 61 telecaster custom in sunburst. I traded it with sound affects for a Knaggs I hated. It was just over 6lbs and lovely and resonant. One of my dumber moves
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    Think I've owned 2 guitars 3 times and another twice. Still got the one I've owned twice. 

Madness.

Still, fun at the time. I think :)

H

www.proudhoney.com

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    Never gone back to a sold guitar. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Yup, my Haar 58 S-type. I bought it in 2015 as it is wonderful. After about 18 months I needed a bit of cash, and also thought that I'd like to assemble a partsacaster myself (my green strat with rosewood neck), so I sold it to a noob on here. 

Over the past 6 months I've thought more and more about that guitar, to the point where I contacted Haar about making me another, I even paid a deposit, and blow me if a couple of weeks later my old one appeared on ebay for sale. I bought it in an instant. And it's great to be reunited.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3621
    Two of the three I have sold I would buy back in an instant.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    edited July 2018
    Yes.
    I bought a 1967 Tele in USA in 1980, brought it home to UK and sold it after a couple of years.
    About 2 years later I realised I'd made a terrible mistake, so I contacted the buyer (who had several Teles) and he sold it back to me, making a profit. It cost me lots but I'm very glad I did that as I could not afford to do so these days -  still have it and will do until I die, I hope.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4675
    edited July 2018
    Let’s wait for @HarrySeven to turn up :-)
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Yes  -  a Yamaha Pacifica Mike Stern ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    Let’s wait for @HarrySeven to turn up :-)

Did someone call?

NB. Just don’t say my name three times.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14592
    H from Stepps. :-p
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.