Ever re-bought a guitar back that you sold?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    No. Everything I shifted  I did so for a reason.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    I have an unsurprising habit of re-acquiring guitars/gear...and I like to trade/swap with friends*, so I know where it is, “just in case”.

Over the years, it’s happened many, many times (the longest being my ‘77 Yamaha SG-1000, which was 25 years ‘away from home’).

*Mr.@spark240 being a particularly longstanding friend - he owns a number of ex-H7 guitars, but so far, has resisted all attempts at re-acquisition. ;)

Also on this very forum is Mr.@Funkfingers - we’ve played “guitar tennis” more than once. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33849

I built this out of parts back in 2005 and sold it to timmyo, always regretting doing so.
    It is a chambered swamp ash tele in Goldtop Gold, with a maple neck with macassar ebony fingerboard.

It turned up on eBay about 4 years later and I bought it back.
    It is currently loaned out to a friend who needed a light guitar to play- I'll get it back at some stage.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3281
    edited July 2018
    Never, gone back to try the same model but never the same guitar. I have the same philosophy with jobs and relationships, the moment you move on you have moved on for a reason, so should stay ‘moved on’ without looking back.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12683
    monofin said:
    impmann said: ki
    Yes - a few times.

The most recent one being the Shergold 12 string that I sold to @monofin and regretted it... and gentleman that he is, he sold it back to me.
    And funnily enough then regretted selling it back to @impmann . Funny old world is GAS.
    Damn fine guitar that - best 12 string i've had the pleasure of owning
    It won't be going anywhere any time soon, chap... sorry. But you do have dibs. :-)

Still got a lovely twin neck, that makes very similar noises, for sale. Very similar neck...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Let’s wait for @HarrySeven to turn up :-)

Did someone call?

NB. Just don’t say my name three times.
    Harry*³TwentyOne?
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Shortly after I got married I downsized by selling my Laney AOR30 and kept my Marshall 8080. The Marshall burned out shortly after and I've thought about getting another AOR since, though not necessarily the same amp or another 30w boy
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    I'd love to buy this one back and give it a second shot, but alas...
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 225
    Yep, bought back a '57 hotrod strat that was impeccable... And then stupidly sold it again thinking there was better out there... DOH!
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    Didn't buy it back, but swopped my JXG La Cabronita that was just the best ever, then found out the gent I'd swopped with was selling it, contacted him and he'd already exchanged it at a guitar shop that had then sold it on immediately!
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    A few years back, I gave up on electric guitar to focus on acoustic. One buy one, I sold everything I had, with the last thing I sold being the Yamaha 611HFM.

Skip forward to 2018, and I'm thinking to myself... I kinda wanna play electric guitar again: I go straight for a Yamaha 611VFM. Along with the Squire CV series, they're just unbeatable for the money, in my opinion.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8811
    About 5 times, possibly 6 if finances finally pan out.
    You astonish me :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Yes. My PRS Tremonti. And a couple of Les Pauls have been in and out twice. Still waiting for my first Faded to come back up (and still have dibs on it...)
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I hope to buy my Albert Lee back when I can afford to 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/