Just Seen an unusual collection for sale

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14273
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader
    won't you still need to find the Jazz Bass to complete the set ?

sorry meant to say need a Precision
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • won't you still need to find the Jazz Bass to complete the set ?
    That bass isn't a Jazz? Looks like one to me, I'd say the Precision wa missing.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    tFB Trader
    won't you still need to find the Jazz Bass to complete the set ?
    That bass isn't a Jazz? Looks like one to me, I'd say the Precision wa missing.
    correct and sorry - I meant to say Precision required to complete the set - That is why I'm sure I've seen this sometime in the past 5 years or so - Think he is an ex pro and he might have worked the boats for years - can't be to many trying to sell such a set
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31593
    Much as I hated them at the time, it is kind of cool seeing them like that as a set. 
  • @p90fool yeh, I like 'sets' of things even if I probably wouldn't play the Strat much or the Tele at all ... I'm sure I'd use the Jazz and if there were a Precision to go with it I'd use that too. @guitars4you I wonder why he didn't keep a Precision as well?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    tFB Trader
    @p90fool yeh, I like 'sets' of things even if I probably wouldn't play the Strat much or the Tele at all ... I'm sure I'd use the Jazz and if there were a Precision to go with it I'd use that too. @guitars4you I wonder why he didn't keep a Precision as well?
    As I said I think I've come across this before and spoke to him when he was thinking of the idea of selling them as a set, so assuming it is the same person - So vague memory on this but either a) the shop did not have one, or b) he did not like the P Bass
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    I really like them... colour on it's own is horrible.. but for some reason i think it really looks good there.
  • I had the P-bass equivalent , nice bass to play , but weighed a ton .
    An all original Antiguan is quite rare, loads of people switch the scratch plates to plain black and the original gets lost or broken , so breaking it down to about £2k per instrument ,it's not such a bad price .
    Also this is the first Antiguan Jazz I have seen , it seemed far more common on the Precisions .
    Not my favourite colour , I have to admit 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16296
    years ago I went for an audition as a bassist and the guitarist  had a strat in Antigua burst. Never seen one before and I thought it looked great. I still do. Although I also like avocado bathroom suites and yellow Ford Capris.  
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10475
    tFB Trader
    My local music shop had the full set in the window when they came out 77/78 (they only lasted in production a year) I used to walk past them every time I bought strings. They were so deeply unpopular at the time that the shop had them in stock for years. They wound up discounted down to pretty much cost price. They were typical late 70s fenders, especially the Strat: heavy, under powered pickups, poor contouring, and all that ... with a foul finish. The shop owner tried to flog me the Tele ... but I bought a black 75 one mail order as I wouldn't be seen dead on stage with a Antigua. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6073
    What did Antigua do to deserve that?
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    LuttiS said:
    I really like them... colour on it's own is horrible.. but for some reason i think it really looks good there.
    Ideal for some kind of weird 70s tribute to the Shadows were all guitars are required to match....
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    I thought these were commonly referred to as 'jizzbursts', but maybe not as nobody seems to have mentioned it yet?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Horrible colour if you ask me. I could almost live with the body colour if they had a different scratchplate, but the combo is yuk!