Your greatest guitar boot sale finds or similar.

What's Hot
NeilNeil Frets: 3624
Picked up a nice little cutaway acoustic from the boot sale a week ago.

Nothing fantastic, a Swift, but it plays fine, is in good nick and it was a fiver!  :)

DSCN3105jpg

DSCN3103jpg

Amp-wise it would have to be the Peavey Bravo Valve job that I got last year for a tenner.

All working and in really good nick apart from  sheared off clean gain knob, can't complain though. 

DSCN2884jpg

Let's see  your cheap guitar associated bargains from boot sales and their ilk.

Not five hundred quid off a two grand guitar in guitar shops  but really great cheap and cheerfuls picked up in weird places. 

Over to you.....
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671

while we wait for the god of all things cheap and strange, paging @HarrySeven ;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14273
    tFB Trader
    surely there can only be one winner and I bet he has many stories to tell - no introduction required
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7146
    In the late '80s I bought loads of Shin Ei fuzz wah pedals and WEM Copycats for around £5 - £10 a pop at Car Boot sales

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2472

1950’s Harmony Sovereign, stripped top, £20 from a Facebook ad! Paid for a neck reset as it sounded so good. Selling it as part of my recent cull but will miss it!
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Bought this 1975 Kiso Suzuki Takeharu acoustic from a lady in Chichester. Despite it being absolutely filthy I told her it was worth more than the £10 I paid for it. She was happy it was going to someone who would clean it up.

Here it is polished up and restrung. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/wcCIjb7
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3624
    edited August 2018
    ^^^

That's fantastic!

What a great buy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7032
    tFB Trader
    I once replied to a Loot ad for P-90s that had been removed from a Gibson Firebird to see if he had any other bits going.

I ended up with two mid 60s NR Firebird bodies/necks and enough parts to complete one guitar for £50 all in.
    0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    long time ago now - but back in 1986 I got my first valve amplifier, from a disco equipment shop in Northamptonshire, was just passing with my dad and saw it in the window.

Paid £25 for a 1962 Fender Bassman head, in many ways wish I'd kept it - but it was louder than hell, sold it in the 2000s for about a grand or so
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    peteri said:
    long time ago now - but back in 1986 I got my first valve amplifier, from a disco equipment shop in Northamptonshire, was just passing with my dad and saw it in the window.

Paid £25 for a 1962 Fender Bassman head, in many ways wish I'd kept it - but it was louder than hell, sold it in the 2000s for about a grand or so
    I'd love a '62 Bassman head for recording bass.... sigh!
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    edited August 2018
    I’ve posted stuff like this before...jeez, can’t remember all of it.

Loads over the years - Laney Supergroup heads, WEM Dominators, Binson Echorecs, Marshall 1974, Sound City heads, that sort of thing. I remember buying a Tascam 244 (when they were current and expensive) for £15, a Vox Continental for £20, Farfisa Super Compact for £15, a huge Tascam 388 1/4” 8-track for a tenner, Tascam 34’s, Tascam 38’s, stacks of pedals, etc, etc.

In more recent times, it’s been stuff like a Westone Thunder 1A for £5, boxed Line 6 Pod XT Live for £5, a (red) Roland SH-101 with Mod Grip for £25, Marshall AS50D’s for £10 each (picked up a few of those), a USA Fender Pro Jnr for £4, a Watkins Rapier for a fiver, blahblahblah...

Time was when I’d go to 3/4 boots over a weekend and do pretty well. These days, really interesting stuff is few and far between. I’ve stopped going now - too many scutters and ebay resellers clambering into cars before they’ve even parked up, fights, that sort of thing. CBA.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

Loads over the years - Laney Supergroup heads, WEM Dominators, Binson Echorecs, Marshall 1974, Sound City heads, that sort of thing. I remember buying a Tascam 244 (when they were current and expensive) for £15, a Vox Continental for £20, Farfisa Super Compact for £15, a huge Tascam 388 1/4” 8-track for a tenner, Tascam 34’s, Tascam 38’s, stacks of pedals, etc, etc.

In more recent times, it’s been stuff like a Westone Thunder 1A for £5, boxed Line 6 Pod XT Live for £5, a (red) Roland SH-101 with Mod Grip for £25, Marshall AS50D’s for £10 each (picked up a few of those), a USA Fender Pro Jnr for £4, a Watkins Rapier for a fiver, blahblahblah...

Time was when I’d go to 3/4 boots over a weekend and do pretty well. These days, really interesting stuff is few and far between. I’ve stopped going now - too many scutters and ebay resellers clambering into cars before they’ve even parked up, fights, that sort of thing. CBA.
    @HarrySeven - you haven't got an old but working small wattage valve head I could purloin to record bass with have you?
    tFB Trader

@HarrySeven - you haven't got an old but working small wattage valve head I could purloin to record bass with have you?
    to purchase at car boot sale prices ! - with extended warranty and returns option !

to purchase at car boot sale prices ! - with extended warranty and returns option !
    Of course...
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    @Bridgehouse - sorry, no. :(

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

Let me know if you come across any classic old bass heads valve or ss ;)
    tFB Trader
    I've  a few shows coming up over the next  4-8 weeks as well, so will keep an eye out for you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I've  a few shows coming up over the next  4-8 weeks as well, so will keep an eye out for you
    Ta :)
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader

I once got a Squire Strat for £30 at a boot sale...  Gave it to my nephew in the end....   Cant go wrong for that price though, in fact I was so chuffed with it when I bought it I made a video :D

• ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Bought a mint Hiwatt DR103 custom head off the neighbour of a mate of mine who had used it to amplify his keyboard. Paid £90 about 20 years ago.Kept it a few years and then stuck it on ebay. The buyer paid £650 and sent a purpose made crate over from the USA. Should have kept it though they seem to be in the region of £2.5k now.  
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I had a mate at uni we used to call "Lovejoy" cos he always managed to buy amazing gear at boot sales. His pinnacle was a totally clean Selmer Little Giant combo for £10. When I go I never see anything. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom