Your greatest guitar boot sale finds or similar.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited August 2018
    A few months ago I got a JV Squier Bass for £40, sold it for £500.

I didn't even go into it knowing it was a JV, it was advertised as a Japanese Squier and I thought that for £40 it was a bargain even if it wasn't a JV.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    I've had quite a few bargains off eBay over the years, but they've dried up in the last two or three years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I enjoy a bit of a bargain hunt but boot sales aren't great hunting grounds for me. An Audition guitar, analog delay, Roland monitor, Marshall pedal and MS2 mini amp are about best stuff I've picked up.
  • AnderzAnderz Frets: 30

The above Fuzz Face I bought along with the Marshall 2104 ex Thin Lizzy amp which the the Fuzz is on in the picture. 

Someone online identified this to be a Crest Audio version and they confirmed it to be 1988. The story of that you can Google but they did Fuzz Face first and Dunlop the rights. Still this one with BC transistors was better than the '90s Dunlop in all regards. 

So this one had value and sold to Brazil for £250. Not a bad impulse buy to go with that amp which also was a impulse buy  but you got to when you have to.
    Computer Shop UK Your PC Needs In One Place: https://computershopuk.com/
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3624
    Some great buys on here, I love seeing this sort of stuff.

I like to get out most weekends to boot sales as I have a lot of different hobbies and usually find something worthwhile every few weeks.

It's such a great kick when I find something it makes me go back time and again.