Hankering after a Black Les Paul custom.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    Do it, customs are great guitars - this is my 77:

It's by far the heavist guitar in weight terms that I own, but it plays amazingly, just as long as you dont have to stand up with it for too long! I'm told that a lot of the 70's customs were like this :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    I've got an 87 black LPC, a marvellous fretless wonder.  I tried some of the Japanese equivalents but they were dull and lifeless by comparison.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    edited August 2018
    Or then there is this...

https://imgur.com/gallery/ge8QM

Ebony board, gold hardware, nice and weight. And a chunk less than £2k...

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1487
    edited August 2018
    I have a 1970 with 2 humbuckers, which weighs a ton.

I've also a 55, with P90 & Alnico pickups
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    My '57RI used to look like

and now with some ASL Blackbirds:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    vale said:
    his supreme excellency (mad) luke haines of the auteurs used his lp custom all over the first two auteurs albums to maximum ronson-esque effect. nice spiders-y solo here at 03m05s.

99% of britpop i totally despise (maybe why i have time for luke) but the auteurs were a bit apart. they were like saboteurs inside the machine, installing viruses and flooding toilets.

and this song was basically pulp's 'common people' before common people. i think better.

"that c*nts really got it sussed, selling wine, selling drugs, you can get so far with a perishing wit... (the money's in trust, isn't it?)".

anyway, they are the only LPs i like the look of. they look deadly and dark. not cheesy rock..

I remember a magazine interview with Luke when the Stone Roses second coming album came out. If my memory serves me right he hated it and grilled the CD!

Fair enough though it was/still is shite.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6907
    edited August 2018
    Richtone have a nice one:

https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/gibson_les_paul_custom_ebony_w_hard_case_2nd_hand-ygibson73827/

You could take it out on 12 months 0% finance and live it for a while and decide whether it lives up to expectation before selling your existing gear. If you decide to sell the custom you won’t lose much...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited August 2018
    I'm in the same boat mate, just love the look. Joey from the Pixies has one with a Bigsby and Bigsbys float my boat. Also was a big pumpkins fan in my youth and James Iha plays one. They really sting you for the extra bling though. Maybe one day, maybe not

I have a decent traditional that I'm happy with but black and gold customs still turn my head
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    Iamnobody said:
    Richtone have a nice one:

https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/gibson_les_paul_custom_ebony_w_hard_case_2nd_hand-ygibson73827/

You could take it out on 12 months 0% finance and live it for a while and decide whether it lives up to expectation before selling your existing gear. If you decide to sell the custom you won’t lose much...
    I have seen that one. Very tempted it's been sold and put back on the market recently on. I'm gonna get off my ass and play one at some point.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    roberty said:
    I'm in the same boat mate, just love the look. Joey from the Pixies has one with a Bigsby and Bigsbys float my boat. Also was a big pumpkins fan in my youth and James Iha plays one. They really sting you for the extra bling though. Maybe one day, maybe not

I have a decent traditional that I'm happy with but black and gold customs still turn my head
    James iha for me. I just can't get my head around why the black and gold outfit costs significantly more than a traditional.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.