Guitars for large fingers?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    crunchman said:

What's the Squier he's got at the moment?  I think some Squiers have narrower nuts as they tend to be aimed at young learners with small hands.

Just checked the Anderton's website, and they are listing a Squier Affinity Strat with a 41mm nut width, but if you look at the Fender American Professional it says 42.8mm.  That's quite a difference in feel.

It would be worth him trying something in the 43mm range before going for something weird.

I'm not quite sure it's a fairly low end one. He said he paid £150 for the guitar and amp. And just a cursory look at it, it looks like the type of squier you see in cash converters for fifty quid.

I have an American standard Stratocaster, SG, PRS and a 335 copy. So I'm going to see which one he feels most at home on. His hands arent gigantic I'd say similar to Bernie Marsdens that sort of thing. I just want to find him something comfortable. When you first start off it's never easy but when the thing you're learning on makes it harder that's not a help. 
    I have thought about a PRS se as you can get a really nice soapbar singlecut for 230 second hand. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    If a Chugger blocked my path, in the street, and the charity was called Guitars For Large Fingers, I would stop. Momentarily.

And that is unheard of.

• I've seen some horrible work by Mr Phillips, but that Peavey is decidedly less horrible. I don't like the bridge or the stop tailpiece but there's less butchery at the headstock end than usual.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I've seen some horrible work by Mr Phillips, but that Peavey is decidedly less horrible. I don't like the bridge or the stop tailpiece but there's less butchery at the headstock end than usual.
    I remember when sound control were blowing them out for £99. Granted 15 years ago ha ha
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    PRS SE anything 2nd hand - the necks are all wide/fat neck profile (not really that fat either)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback