Celeb spotting new level !

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    ESBlonde said:
    ESBlonde said:
    Outside of work/professional connections, a friend of mine had a small village pub up near the minsmere bird reserve many years ago, a few famous faces came in from time to time. Most memorable was Bill Nighy. Stood having a beer and chinwag with him, he has that strange slightly slow delivery in real life too, nice guy though.
    Eel's Foot, Eastbridge?
    Theberton Lion. Anywhere near Aldeburgh has the possibility celebs in practice, it's a shortish drive from that London and a world away.
    Ah, I see! I visit Theberton quite a lot these days, but have yet to pop into the Lion.
    My favourite part of the country.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    edited August 2018
    impmann said:
    My wife went to school with Paul McCartney's son. She tells of Macca sat in the school hall on parents evenings/days and him wandering around the Summer Fayres etc.

Plus her dad sold Macca a cow... a bovine one, not a one-legged one. The story goes that the cow had escaped from the farm her dad ran. The bovine had found itself on a lane just outside Peasmarsh (where McCartney has his Sussex pad) and her dad was trying to chase it back into the field. Macca drives up in his Merc with Lynda complaining about my wife's dad scaring and tormenting the animal and that he should be ashamed of himself. With that, her dad turned around and said, "well, if you think you can fucking do any better why don't you buy the bloody thing and save me the bother". Fair play to Sir-Thumbs-Aloft, he produced his cheque book and paid the full going rate for the animal on the spot... Apparently the parting shot from my wife's dad was "OK, its your fucking problem now..."

As for Siouxsie... well, I used to work at Chislehurst Caves. And before my time, a certain Mr Severin worked there as a tour guide. After work, he used to meet Siouxsie and the rest of the gang... and visit a local Chinese eatery called... yes, really... Hong Kong Garden. Honestly, honestly, honestly. One of the guides that I worked with used to hang about with them... and with another guy called Max.

Max. Max Splodge. As in Splodgenessabounds. Max's big hit, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps Please, was written following a trip to the Tiger's Head in Chislehurst. My mate, the tour guide, was the packet of crisps. Oh and to bring that full circle, during one of his... fallow periods from the music business... Max used to crash on my wife's sofa, when she lived with her ex in Hastings...

Its a small world.

Isn't it Chiselhurst caves where EMF played a gig? I can then  back reference this to my earlier post about their bassist smile 

I dunno about EMF, but certainly back in the 1960s it was quite a cool night spot and all sorts of cool folks played there, including Hendrix (apparently one of his earliest gigs in the UK).

It was also where they filmed some of the Reeves and Mortimer version of Randall & Hopkirk (deceased)... it was surreal to have them wandering around...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Some friends and I kipped on Green Days hotel room floor when they were still a grotty punk band after a gig of theirs in London because we were clueless and hadnt thought about how to get home to the Midlands.

Bumped into Henry Rollins in a local record shop when he was in town for a gig, he was either not pleased to see me or very socially awkward, or both- very polite though.

For a dare I ponced a cigarette off Courtney Love as she wandered, clearly off her nut, around a festival with her entourage - she was happy to oblige.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    impmann said:
    impmann said:
    My wife went to school with Paul McCartney's son. She tells of Macca sat in the school hall on parents evenings/days and him wandering around the Summer Fayres etc.

Plus her dad sold Macca a cow... a bovine one, not a one-legged one. The story goes that the cow had escaped from the farm her dad ran. The bovine had found itself on a lane just outside Peasmarsh (where McCartney has his Sussex pad) and her dad was trying to chase it back into the field. Macca drives up in his Merc with Lynda complaining about my wife's dad scaring and tormenting the animal and that he should be ashamed of himself. With that, her dad turned around and said, "well, if you think you can fucking do any better why don't you buy the bloody thing and save me the bother". Fair play to Sir-Thumbs-Aloft, he produced his cheque book and paid the full going rate for the animal on the spot... Apparently the parting shot from my wife's dad was "OK, its your fucking problem now..."

As for Siouxsie... well, I used to work at Chislehurst Caves. And before my time, a certain Mr Severin worked there as a tour guide. After work, he used to meet Siouxsie and the rest of the gang... and visit a local Chinese eatery called... yes, really... Hong Kong Garden. Honestly, honestly, honestly. One of the guides that I worked with used to hang about with them... and with another guy called Max.

Max. Max Splodge. As in Splodgenessabounds. Max's big hit, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps Please, was written following a trip to the Tiger's Head in Chislehurst. My mate, the tour guide, was the packet of crisps. Oh and to bring that full circle, during one of his... fallow periods from the music business... Max used to crash on my wife's sofa, when she lived with her ex in Hastings...

Its a small world.

Isn't it Chiselhurst caves where EMF played a gig? I can then  back reference this to my earlier post about their bassist smile  . 

I dunno about EMF, but certainly back in the 1960s it was quite a cool night spot and all sorts of cool folks played there, including Hendrix (apparently one of his earliest gigs in the UK).

It was also where they filmed some of the Reeves and Mortimer version of Randall & Hopkirk (deceased)... it was surreal to have them wandering around...
    My bad, completely wrong caves - Clearwell Caves for EMF. Doh...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    Clarky said:
    this lil' story didn't happen to me, my bassist told it to me about a mate of his..

his mate is a singer / guitarist from Brum
    he was on a train to London cos his band was playing a showcase for a major label
    so.. this old fella is sat on the seat opposite, see's the guitar case and asks him about music and his band etc..
    so my mate's mate apparently goes on and on for ages about his band, how they were on the up and up, the showcase etc..
    really digging himself and his band up..
    after a little over an hour, he asks the old fella if he plays guitar and the old fella say yes..
    he asks if he plays in bands and stuff and he say yes.. Deep Purple and Rainbow.. lol..
    He didn't admit to Blackmore's Knight then ?