Probably nothing special to most, but cor....that looks nice

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• It certainly looks nice. They don’t say what it’s made of, I assume that it’s got a mahogany/ maple body. I own an old late 70s Japanese built Ibanez AS100 semi and it’s an amazing instrument.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Yeah, I went in and tried it again, and it's still amazing. I think I'm going to have to start saving...
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    Ok, bit of an update - after trying it for a third time to check my new Katana 100 worked out of the box - I've put a deposit down on this guitar at the shop for a couple of reasons - there's no telling that if I ordered another online that it would feel as good, as we all know these things can vary - and also because lots of people have been interested in it and online orders can back up towards Christmas. 

So deposit down, and nearer to Christmas I'll collect the money from wife and family and give it to them to keep safe until Christmas Day. 

It's going to be a long wait :) 
  • I'm a big fan of the more "vintage" vibe Ibanez stuff. They usually play great and look the biz. If you're not sold on the pickups and/or hardware you've got a nice little project on your hands, if nothing else.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    I'm a big fan of the more "vintage" vibe Ibanez stuff. They usually play great and look the biz. If you're not sold on the pickups and/or hardware you've got a nice little project on your hands, if nothing else.
    Aside from the fantastic build quality and playability, the pickups were honestly the thing which sold me on it. Clear and sparkly, well-defined, and then really gutsy with overdrive and gain. For a £299 guitar, it's absolutely stunning. Stays nicely in tune as well.  

It's basically everything I wanted from a humbucker / Les Paul without wanting to buy a Les Paul - reduced weight, some body contours, better tuning, and slimmer body. And a scale length that sits between Fender and Gibson, IIRC. 

So between the 3 guitars I have now (or will have at Xmas), I've got pretty much everything covered tonally.