Farewell Dean Markley strings

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Thanks for the reminder on this thread - my Ernie Ball replacements arrived a couple of weeks ago.
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    Alvin said:
    D'Addario is the answer , Sealed and vacuum packed strings .  Realized long ago that strings in paper packs have little shelf life . 
    Yep, I’ve tried many and always found other brands hit and miss. D’addario have always been consistent. 
  • I always liked DMs
    I always liked DMs
    Why was that LOL-worthy?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 528
    Ah! Just got an email from DM supplier is waiting for a shipment due in November. So I will have to give them the benefit of the doubt at least for a while longer.

Re-Daddario's I just don't like em. 

It's amazing how fussy we have all got about guitar strings when I started playing in the 70's there were only a couple of brands. You were lucky if you could get anything better than Cathedral which were cheap but crap. Then Piccato came along with their fancy plastic case and an extra top E. After that things got a lot better.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • FezFez Frets: 528
    Well November came and went still no sign of any strings. Sent an email, no reply as yet.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • I wonder how long some packets of strings kicking about in shops have actually been there. Could shops be forced to buy a box of fifty sets at a time?