Emma Onomatopoeia

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• tone1 said:
    Jury’s out on mine... almost no gain, just volume boost and certainly no fuzz territory  :s
    Based on the YouTube demos (Bobby D and gearmandude) there should be a reasonable amount of drive, at least with humbuckers.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    edited August 2018
    How do you have the gain set on your broadcast?

I have mine at 12 o'clock. Which gives me a light sparkle and a bit of drive when I dig in.
    I tend to have all four knobs around the 9 - 11 o'clock mark.  Like you, I aim for almost clean when played lightly (using humbuckers).  I have fiddled with the internal trimmers though - so the position of the external gain knob may not tell the whole story.

Reading the comments on here, I do slightly wish I'd gone for an Emma before Thomann apparently sold out.  That said, I have a Liquid Sunshine incoming which I think may be in the same ballpark, so I should be pretty well sorted for low-gain gritty drives  
    I didn't know there were internal trimmers. I assume their website gives details.
  • I'm sure they'll be some going on eBay soon if people bought more than 1
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    tone1 said:
    Jury’s out on mine... almost no gain, just volume boost and certainly no fuzz territory  :s
    Based on the YouTube demos (Bobby D and gearmandude) there should be a reasonable amount of drive, at least with humbuckers.
    I get drive on single coils easily enough. I didn't realise there is an internal trim pot. 
    Can't be arsed to get at it though, there isnt much need in my instance. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    edited August 2018
    Mine’s gone back for refund  s
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How are others getting on with the pedal?
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Based on the youtube demo it sounded positively horrible to my ears - I personally think you're likely to be better off with a tube-screamer or blues-driver type pedal. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited August 2018
    Voxman said:
    Based on the youtube demo it sounded positively horrible to my ears - I personally think you're likely to be better off with a tube-screamer or blues-driver type pedal. 
    Dude you play through a vox tonelab. Sssshhhhhh 

:-p
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    How are others getting on with the pedal?
    Love mine - it’s a fab low gain pedal with boost. 

As for the comment above about Tubescreamers - I think the reason I like this is BECAUSE it sounds nothing like a TS. Not everyone likes that mid hump... and as for the blues Driver, the Emma has character and doesn’t sound bland. The Boss, however...

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• People still liking the Onomatopoeia?