Best budget pedal

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
Apologies if this has been asked before. There are so many brands of pedals these days and ebay is full of Mooer, Rowin, Joyo, Nux etc. I hope I'm not too much of a brand snob, but what is your best budget buy and why? Are the budget pedals fast becoming so good that there's no longer any 'shame' in having them on your board?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    With regards to price/quality - the Little Bear R.ATTACK is the best RAT clone on the market by a mile. Has Turbo, Vintage and Dirty modes, and the LEDs even light up in relation to your playing on one of the modes which is pretty neat.

A snip at £25-30 brand new. Insane.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12376
    I bought a second hand joyo vintage drive for £15, is the same as a tubescreamer.

Tha'ts the winner right there : )

Also joyo american sound for £34 is pretty great.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    The Mooer E-Lady is the best bang for buck flanger on the market, just my opinion though!

YMMV
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • My favourite ‘cheapy’ is either the Joyo British sound, or the Mooer Trelicopter.

Both on my board and both are fantastic value.

Fuck the corksniffers!
  • My favourite ‘cheapy’ is either the Joyo British sound, or the Mooer Trelicopter.

Both on my board and both are fantastic value.

Fuck the corksniffers!
    I have the Mooer Trelicopter although it's not on my board at the moment
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    Best budget pedal for me is not a clone.

I was really liking my mooer cruncher then picked up a 2nd hand Marshall guvnor 2 for £20. I gigged it recently and it won't leave my board. Blows many more expensive drives out of the water. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    Best one on my board is an NUX CH-3 chorus. Cost me £16 new on Ebay, 2 years later still working fine and sounds good. 
  • David5150David5150 Frets: 118
    relic245 said:
    Best budget pedal for me is not a clone.

I was really liking my mooer cruncher then picked up a 2nd hand Marshall guvnor 2 for £20. I gigged it recently and it won't leave my board. Blows many more expensive drives out of the water. 

This

Fully loaded I may be with fractal gear but the one pedal I've kept is my guvnor 2 - sounds killer

• paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    munckee said:
    Also joyo american sound for £34 is pretty great.
    Seconded, the Thomann HB branded ones are £26.

Not a budget brand but I think the Boss GT-1 is an excellent buy at £150ish (there's one in the classifieds for £90 currently I believe)
  • JotaJota Frets: 464
    Love the Caline Orange Burst. It has been my main mid-gain rhythm pedal and it stacks great with the KoT for leads.
    Also had the Pure Sky that was great but not really what I needed so I sold it.

i also have the Joyo American Sound as a backup for my amp but haven't used it... so far!
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7877
    Joyo Sweet Baby.   NUX Tape Core is supposed to be great.  
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4542
    Most of my board is budget pedals. For me the best two are the Rowin boost and the Behringer super fuzz. both are exactly the sound i am looking for, especially the boost with a touch of breakup.

A mention too to the Zoom Multistomp series, although not quite budget, for what they do they are worth at least 3 times their price
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12376
    TheMarlin said:
    Do you know how the sweet baby differs from the vintage overdrive @TheMarlin ;
     as I am thinking about getting another cheap overdrive with a battery for when I can't be bothered to get the board and power supply out or to take in my guitar bag to jams.
  • Are there any budget acoustic pedals? Need to make a basic board for acoustic use: Tuner, reverb, delay, tremolo
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7877
    munckee said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Do you know how the sweet baby differs from the vintage overdrive @TheMarlin ;
     as I am thinking about getting another cheap overdrive with a battery for when I can't be bothered to get the board and power supply out or to take in my guitar bag to jams.
    It’s a clone of the Mad Professor Sweet Honey. Low to mid gain OD pedal. Transparent, light bass compression, it just tidied things up beautifully.  Perfect for unruly single coils, it tames the extremities, adds to the pick attack, just sounds awesome. 

https://youtu.be/hR4LOz2r2b0
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Any of the Nux Core pedals are great.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Marshall Reflector
    DOD phaser
    Nobels ODR-1
    EH Memory toy

• Danelectro FAB
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Marshall Reflector
    Marshall Vibratrem
    Behringer Vintage analog delay (EH clone)
    Arion SCH-Z (it was budget when I bought it).

• WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 165
    The Mooer Black Secret is another good Rat clone. Has the same switchable modes as the Little Bear R.Attack that dopestick mentioned but in a smaller package.