Best budget pedal

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    The Behringer CC300 Chorus Space-C is about a tenth of the price, and identical to the rare-as-hens'-teeth
    Boss DC-2 Dimension C.
    It is basically chorus which isn't exactly chorus.
    Unfortunately it looks like the Behringer is discontinued too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Grunfeld said:
    The Behringer CC300 Chorus Space-C is about a tenth of the price, and identical to the rare-as-hens'-teeth
    Boss DC-2 Dimension C.
    It is basically chorus which isn't exactly chorus.
    Unfortunately it looks like the Behringer is discontinued too.

Replaced by the TC 3rd Dimension Chorus. Part of the shift from Beringer to TC branding and reboxing. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038

Replaced by the TC 3rd Dimension Chorus. Part of the shift from Beringer to TC branding and reboxing. 
    Gawd knows why TC didn't retain the stereo of the original and the Behringer. 
    The stereo sounded immense. 
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    The best budget pedal is a second hand Zoom MS50G Multistomp. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Grunfeld said:

Gawd knows why TC didn't retain the stereo of the original and the Behringer. 
    The stereo sounded immense. 
    Ahh, didn’t know that. Still quite tempted by one though. I was watching a Reverb video where they have some huge, boutique copy of the Dimension C for recreating Classic 80s tones so the tc for £48 would probably do me.  
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    In vids i’ve seen with side by side comparisons the new TC one, to my ears, doesn’t sound as good as the Behringer. Might just be the video, I’ve not tried one in the flesh.
  • What budget pedals would you avoid?
  • Another vote for the Caline Orange Burst, a very capable BB preamp clone. 

Also the danelectro fish n chips eq is really good.  Quieter than a Boss GE7 and even though I use a source audio eq on my gig board, I still prefer the sound of the little dano.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    edited August 2018
    Another vote for the Caline Orange Burst, a very capable BB preamp clone. 

Also the danelectro fish n chips eq is really good.  Quieter than a Boss GE7 and even though I use a source audio eq on my gig board, I still prefer the sound of the little dano.
    Cool that the FnC is quieter than the GE-7, have you used both at live volume?  My GE-7 is essential in my setup but I've only so far used it at home, and I'm hoping to step out at some point :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72379

I hope I'm not too much of a brand snob, but what is your best budget buy and why?
    Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz.

£24 brand new.

Two very different fuzz modes plus a clean boost with bass and treble controls, proper full-size casing, and seems robust even though it's plastic.

It will probably make a more drastic difference to your sound than anything else at that price :).

What budget pedals would you avoid?
    All mini-pedals.

They break easily, they often aren't repairable, they tip over if they're not very well stuck-down, the knob is too close to the switch so it's easy to knock, most of the controls are very fiddly, and on almost every single one it's the wrong one that isn't.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Mooer Ana echo gets a lot of love
    Dano fish and chips is a great eq 

The Mooer yellow comp is shit. 
  • clarkefan said: io

Cool that the FnC is quieter than the GE-7, have you used both at live volume?  My GE-7 is essential in my setup but I've only so far used it at home, and I'm hoping to step out at some point

I've not used the ge7 at gig volume but I noticed a little  bit of hiss when the sliders are at the top end of their boost capabilities at home volume (which arguably is not really the correct way to use an equal anyway). 

I have used the fish n chips up at band volume though and it was just dead silent and produced a wonderful mid boost into my Boogie.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    clarkefan said: io

Cool that the FnC is quieter than the GE-7, have you used both at live volume?  My GE-7 is essential in my setup but I've only so far used it at home, and I'm hoping to step out at some point

I've not used the ge7 at gig volume but I noticed a little  bit of hiss when the sliders are at the top end of their boost capabilities at home volume (which arguably is not really the correct way to use an equal anyway). 

I have used the fish n chips up at band volume though and it was just dead silent and produced a wonderful mid boost into my Boogie.
    Cheers, appreciate it! :)  My GE-7 is fairly quiet the way I use it, most of the faders are below the halfway point, but I know what you mean.  Sounds like a FnC is worth investigating :)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited August 2018
    Have several Joyo, NuX/Kokko, Caline/Donner  and AMMOON pedals that all perform exponentially to their size/stature/price. All were silly pocket-money prices at the time.

Many brands are rebadges of each other and so don't doubt these companies as being anything other than top quality design and construction:

NuX (Kokko) production line:

http://i65.tinypic.com/be8mww.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Guitars : Fender American Original 60s Stratocaster, Fender Standard Telecaster, Eastman T386 (335 style), Squier Classic Vibe 60s Stratocaster, PRS Bernie Marsden, Eastman AC322CE (acoustic)
    Amps: Tweed Fender Blues Junior, Marshall Origin 20C
    Pedals: Too many to list
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    Dopesick said:
    With regards to price/quality - the Little Bear R.ATTACK is the best RAT clone on the market by a mile. Has Turbo, Vintage and Dirty modes, and the LEDs even light up in relation to your playing on one of the modes which is pretty neat.

A snip at £25-30 brand new. Insane.
    Where's the best place to buy these from? I can only see them on eBay from Hong Kong for £35. Wouldn't mind picking one up, love me a Rat.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    @TTBZ eBay is the best place I find....or here. Prices keep going up and down all the time but still dirt cheap.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30926
    The @CustomPedalBoards civil war muff clone is a masterpiece, so much so Dave Fowler is using one live over and above his Cornish P2

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    The @CustomPedalBoards civil war muff clone is a masterpiece, so much so Dave Fowler is using one live over and above his Cornish P2
    also steve mac, so both aussie floyd guitarists are using CPB mini pedals now. the mustard drive, mr squeezy comp and muff war. both of them commented they love the way they interact with other pedals.
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • zepp76 said:
    The Mooer E-Lady is the best bang for buck flanger on the market, just my opinion though!

YMMV
    Agreed, the best pedal they do, close 2nd is the Reecho delay...very nice for £59!