Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Facebook guitar sell

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Bowks said:
    lonestar said:
    Facebook selling groups...

Be prepared for...

1. Bump
    2. Bump
    3. Bump
    4. Bump
    5. Bump
    6. Aw man, if I had the money....
    7. Bump 
    8. Bump
    9. Pm’d (Which leads to fuck all)
    10. Bump 
    11. Bump 
    12. Trade for *insert nonsensical item*
    So, essentially the same experience as I have on here?
    You forgot "lol" clicks 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I must have been pretty lucky, I shifted a applause by ovation on FB because i put it on the fretboard and FB at the same time. Came back to fretboard and dropped the price twice but forgot to on FB and a few days later sold it for full asking price. Same applies to a vox looper too!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Bowks said:
    lonestar said:
    Facebook selling groups...

Be prepared for...

1. Bump
    2. Bump
    3. Bump
    4. Bump
    5. Bump
    6. Aw man, if I had the money....
    7. Bump 
    8. Bump
    9. Pm’d (Which leads to fuck all)
    10. Bump 
    11. Bump 
    12. Trade for *insert nonsensical item*
    So, essentially the same experience as I have on here?
    Well, you’ll find that the classifieds attract a lot more newbies and low posters than any other section on the forum. So, if it’s also a characteristic of The Fretboard classifieds perhaps these people are the same stereotypes/people found on Facebook pages. I haven’t seen a single deal done on one particular page on Facebook for months. I don’t know why people bother.
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 694
    Jack_ said:
    The fact that people are starting to make all these individual groups because they want to be the owner/admin is annoying.
    Jim Ramsey, who runs that one, is pretty sound actually. 

He’s a bit of a muppet to be fair. Always jumping on other people’s sales threads with a know it all attitude which has harmed their sales potential 

Hes another bedroom dealer that started his own group so he can be admin and take advantage of what makes it to the page or not. And of course vetting ads that he can buy for peanuts and push on for profit 

FB is full of these chancers now. Charging more than secondhand shop prices 
    I'm one of the moderators on the group. Jim is a trader and open about that. To clear up any potential misconceptions though, there is no vetting. Jim might offer on stuff, but he doesn't withhold or delete ads to give himself an advantage. If he did, he'd soon hear from me about it.
    Jack_ said:
    The fact that people are starting to make all these individual groups because they want to be the owner/admin is annoying.
    Jim Ramsey, who runs that one, is pretty sound actually. 

He’s a bit of a muppet to be fair. Always jumping on other people’s sales threads with a know it all attitude which has harmed their sales potential 

Hes another bedroom dealer that started his own group so he can be admin and take advantage of what makes it to the page or not. And of course vetting ads that he can buy for peanuts and push on for profit 

FB is full of these chancers now. Charging more than secondhand shop prices 
    I'm one of the moderators on the group. Jim is a trader and open about that. To clear up any potential misconceptions though, there is no vetting. Jim might offer on stuff, but he doesn't withhold or delete ads to give himself an advantage. If he did, he'd soon hear from me about it.
    No idea why that post showed up twice.
  • I am a member of that group and have dealt with Jim with no problems at all seems a decent guy.
  • I to am a member of the group and have always found Jim a thoroughly decent and seemingly genuine honest sort of chap