Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

After All These Years Of Spending, Playing & Buying/Selling - Where Are You Now ???

What's Hot

Comments

• This is where I am, although the j5 isn’t mine as it’s sold and my Vela isn’t in the picture 

https://i.imgur.com/xBuTNuc.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    This is where I am, although the j5 isn’t mine as it’s sold and my Vela isn’t in the picture 

https://i.imgur.com/xBuTNuc.jpg
    That white/black Tele with the matching headstock is really nice man.
    Just the right colours too!

(Noted - lol).

:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Alnico that Tele is THE keeper, other have come and gone and it remains, it’s seen off all kinds, American, Mexican, Baja etc and it’s a lowly Squier CV 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    Jalapeno said:
    Philly_Q said:
     But I've got out of the habit of selling and I really need to get back into it.
    I hear you !

I'm supposed to be on a 1in/1out diet, but I've bought 5 this year .... I have too much "stuff", and a hyperactive GAS gland at the moment.  Plus I still haven't got the Red Sparkle Duesenberg I promised myself :o
    And because of a thread here, spent an hour yesterday browsing ESP Baritone/7 String Teles .... :o
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    edited September 2018
    @Alnico that Tele is THE keeper, other have come and gone and it remains, it’s seen off all kinds, American, Mexican, Baja etc and it’s a lowly Squier CV 
    I bet it has.
    There are some models in that lower price range that are just amazing guitars and I've had a few.

Like I said, that's noted for future.
    What was the fretwork and overall build like out of the box?
    Even my American Pro needed a proper nut and a full set up from brand new (I've never bought a new guitar that doesn't!) but essentially it was well built, just not that well finished.

How was this one when you first got it?
  • Alnico said:
    @Alnico that Tele is THE keeper, other have come and gone and it remains, it’s seen off all kinds, American, Mexican, Baja etc and it’s a lowly Squier CV 
    I bet it has.
    There are some models in that lower price range that are just amazing guitars and I've had a few.

Even my American Pro needed a proper nut and a full set up from brand new (I've never bought a new guitar that doesn't!) but essentially it was well built, just not that well finished.

The Squier classic vibe Teles are superb.

I've got a 62 Custom one, and it's probably my second or third favourite guitar and a definite keeper!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Alnico said:
    I bet it has.

I've got a 62 Custom one, and it's probably my second or third favourite guitar and a definite keeper!
    @Blackjack says the same about hers.
    I think she's had some work done to hers, possibly before she bought it and it's beautiful.

I'm not sure there's another guitar on earth she'd trade it for!
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5293
    Now down to a bare minmum of

Nick Benjamin JOM  Adi top  Braz back and sides
    Gustavsson Fuller Blaster
    Pecheney Mandolin F hole Bohemian spruce top one piece maple back

Swart AST
    Lazy J20

happy for now
  • Alnico said:
    I bet it has.

I bought it from @CasperCaster of this very parish in a dodgy deal at a filling station somewhere out the skipton road, and apart from restringing it a few times it’s as it was when it came from him. 
  • This lot below. After buying and selling a frankly stupid amount of guitars over the last 10 years (even by the standards of this forum, pretty shocking) I have come to the conclusion that I would be very unlikely to find better than these, only different. So the GAS has been curbed, and now focused much more on playing, which also has a reinforcing effect on reducing GAS, as it highlights how completely shit I am and that I really don't deserve the guitars I already have!

1956 ES175D
    Bourgeois Signature D Adi/Madi
    J45 Legend
    McInturff Carolina
    Rocketfire M1926

And these, with just a couple of pedals:

• BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 250
    edited September 2018

Alnico
    said:
    Alnico said:
    I bet it has.

@Blackjack says the same about hers.
    I think she's had some work done to hers, possibly before she bought it and it's beautiful.

I'm not sure there's another guitar on earth she'd trade it for!
    @Alnico, you are totally right!  But then you know me well.  That guitar is never leaving my ownership.  I love it to bits, it just feels so good in my hands.  It was bought in totally the wrong way, was a spontaneous Ebay purchase, done as a ‘Buy It Now’, sight unseen, unplayed, just as I was going out the door to a guitar lesson and it’s been my best Guitar purchase!  It had the electrics swapped out for Baja ones before I bought it and I don’t know if it had anything else done.  I changed the scratch plate from mint green to black and have done a fret polish on it but that’s all. The only thing I might get done is sanding the back of the neck back to a satin finish rather than the gloss it has now but other than that I would not change a thing about her! 

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4321

I can't remember if I posted in this or not, but I can't be arsed to go back through 6 pages to check. Apologies if I'm repeating myself...

Ins:

Silver Series Squier Strat

Fender M80 Combo

Gibson Les Paul Custom

Marshall JCM900 4100 head and JCM900 1960A cab

Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster 1960 NOS

Blackstar HT-1R Combo

Marshall Class 5 Mk 2

Gibson R8

Tone King Imperial Mk2

Lowden O22C

Outs:

Fender M80 Combo

Gibson Les Paul Custom

Blackstar HT-1R Combo

Marshall Class 5 Mk 2

Gibson R8

Tone King Imperial Mk2

Lowden O22C

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• CHRISB50 said:

I can't remember if I posted in this or not, but I can't be arsed to go back through 6 pages to check. Apologies if I'm repeating myself...

Ins:

Fender M80 Combo

Gibson Les Paul Custom

Blackstar HT-1R Combo

Marshall Class 5 Mk 2

Gibson R8

Tone King Imperial Mk2

Lowden O22C

Outs:

Fender M80 Combo

Gibson Les Paul Custom

Blackstar HT-1R Combo

Marshall Class 5 Mk 2

Gibson R8

Tone King Imperial Mk2

Lowden O22C

Doesn't that have the net effect of leaving you with nothing at all to play?

Or have you taken up singing?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    JerkMoans said:
    CHRISB50 said:

Ins:

Fender M80 Combo

Gibson Les Paul Custom

Blackstar HT-1R Combo

Marshall Class 5 Mk 2

Gibson R8

Tone King Imperial Mk2

Lowden O22C

Outs:

Fender M80 Combo

Gibson Les Paul Custom

Blackstar HT-1R Combo

Marshall Class 5 Mk 2

Gibson R8

Tone King Imperial Mk2

Lowden O22C

Doesn't that have the net effect of leaving you with nothing at all to play?

Or have you taken up singing?

Well spotted. Yes, net effect is zero. I decided I found it more frustrating than enjoyable, so pretty much gave up. I will probably start again at some point. A classical being the first purchase I think.

Until then I'm living vicariously off of other people's R8 and R9 purchases.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• .Fender M80...wow, I had one as my first 'proper' amp. Grey carpet covering. I loved it, but it was crap really.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23070
    CloudNine said:
    This lot below. After buying and selling a frankly stupid amount of guitars over the last 10 years (even by the standards of this forum, pretty shocking) I have come to the conclusion that I would be very unlikely to find better than these, only different. So the GAS has been curbed, and now focused much more on playing, which also has a reinforcing effect on reducing GAS, as it highlights how completely shit I am and that I really don't deserve the guitars I already have!

1956 ES175D
    Bourgeois Signature D Adi/Madi
    J45 Legend
    McInturff Carolina
    Rocketfire M1926

I like that McInturff!  I always think his guitars have a Hamer vibe - I know he worked for them at one time.  Often seen them on eBay and been quite tempted, but I've never actually tried one.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30945
    Me:

Currently using an Ibbie Jem 7 string and a Gibbo Zak Wilde into a Deizel Head and H and K cab: ART 2000  for FX.

Will post pics later.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    .Fender M80...wow, I had one as my first 'proper' amp. Grey carpet covering. I loved it, but it was crap really.

I remember it could wake the dead. I sold it to a friend who still has it. It’s still going strong. You’re right though. It doesn’t sound the best. 

The one that made me laugh was the TK Imperial. Universally loved, but always resold. 

I sold mine on here for a silly price (I really dropped my trousers). Then it was sold on relatively sharpish and spent time with Gassage. I think since then it’s been sold on at least two more times. 

• GassageGassage Frets: 30945
    CHRISB50 

Ireally dropped my trousers and spent time with Gassage. 

You’re only human.....cut you and you bleed....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    After too many years and too many guitars Im now at:

Gibson LP junior
    CIJ 62 reissue Telecaster
    Tokai Love rock LP

Taylor 314ce
    Taylor 322e

Katana 50
    Marshall MG50 DFX
    Fender Champion 600 through a 1x12

Actually fairly settled at the moment, the Tele is a joy in every sense, the junior is like an unruly teenager and brilliant, both compliment each other perfectly.

The Taylors................superb.

The amps are where I`m focusing at the moment need to clear out and have only 2