What a surprise! Hillsborough cop charges dropped.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    underdog said:
    Jalapeno said:
    underdog said:

What followed was 2 decades of police, government and press collusion to blame the fans, calling them drunks, claiming they were looting the dead.
    The events at Hysel gave credence to all those lies sadly.

That's ok then.
    Wut ? The lies were a disgrace !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Jalapeno said:
    underdog said:
    Jalapeno said:
    underdog said:

What followed was 2 decades of police, government and press collusion to blame the fans, calling them drunks, claiming they were looting the dead.
    The events at Hysel gave credence to all those lies sadly.

That's ok then.
    Wut ? The lies were a disgrace !

Sorry man, tough day and was being sarcastic, I apologise.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog said:
    Funkfingers said: t
    You do realise it was the police that caused the disaster in the first place
    I agree that a combination of indifferent police crowd control tactics and corrupt ticket selling created the situation.

The hillsborough campaign have maintained a hugely dignified and honourable stance with no pitchforks to denegrate their superb work. Our justice system needs to retain and match their very high standards
    I agree with this too but there is culpability on both sides.

There is one bald and inconvenient truth about which the campaigners seem to have a mental block. Many of the victims were crushed by OTHER FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS. This fact seems to have become - literally - unspeakable. It must be a tough thing to accept. It is usually easier to blame an "out" group rather than one's own immediate social circle.

Thus, there are cases to answer for both negligence on the part of the police and individual instances of inadvertent unlawful killing. 

There is no easy answer. Even if there were, you can be certain that somebody somewhere wouldn't like it.

Wow there now, speaking as someone that lost someone there that day, thats utter bollocks. 

The fans were allowed into that section when someone gave the order to open the gate and let them in. There was never enough room in there for all those fans, and those at the back pushing their way in to watch their team would have been completely unaware they were causing a crush that was killing fellow supporters hundreds of yards away.

Before you give an opinion as fact I'd suggest you do some research.

Edit : shame on whoever gave you a wisdom for that post too, children died that day and people are still believing the story told by the police. Don't tell me always the victims etc
    Absolutely this - fans were indeed crushed by other fans, but simply because they were all let into an unmanned, overcrowded pen. The whole thing was down to poor organisation, which the establishment chose to gloss over and instead, shift all the blame onto the victims and other fans. The reality is, the Liverpool fans should never have been given the smallest end of the ground and at the very least, the pens should have been manned and the kick off delayed.

To suggest there is blame on the part of the fans is nothing short of bastard ignorance.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    edited September 2018
    People have too much trust in the Police and the Government.
     I have a brother who's a serving police officer. I love him dearly.
    I also have been nicked for manslaughter (the coroner saw through it) by a dodgy cop(its a long storey} and another time I was surrounded and accused of an armed robbery I did not commit. I was able to prove my innocence.
    Don't trust anyone in power. My experience is they will do anything to benefit themselves and cover their arse.
    Cunts.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • People have too much trust in the Police and the Government.
     I have a brother who's a serving police officer. I love him dearly.
    I also have been nicked for manslaughter (the coroner saw through it) by a dodgy cop(its a long storey} and another time I was surrounded and accused of an armed robbery I did not commit. I was able to prove my innocence.
    Don't trust anyone in power. My experience is they will do anything to benefit themselves and cover their arse.
    Cunts.
    WTF? 

You were arrested for manslaughter?  Are you TFB's OJ Simpson with a penchant for Gibson Gold Tops? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a rough upbringing.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12375
    I wasn’t there and can’t say what actually happened, I do agree that it is foolish to automatically trust ‘them’ but to completely refuse to trust ‘them’ also achieves nothing. The actions of the govt, the legal system et al should be subject to scrutiny but viewed with an open mind. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This thread didn't look to turn out this interesting, some good discussion here.

I think you have all arrived at the reality as well.

Blindly trusting government and "the man" on all topics would be foolish and stupid, dangerously close to the "anti expert" Daily-Mail-hysteria philosophy that has gotten us in our current mess.

Blindly distrusting government and "the man" on all topics would be foolish and stupid, dangerously close to the conspiracy theory, flat Earth online nutter, Corbyn is a saint etc. philosophy which is partly preventing us getting out of our current mess.

The correct course is always between the extremes, taking each event as it comes, looking at the presented information and making what we feel is the correct moral and practical decision.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom