Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Pete @ Peach

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• It was ace! We’ll have plenty of footage online soon. Pete just didn’t want any live streams, so I guess that why everyone’s social media timelines aren’t full up with our posts this morning! 
    Cool, will keep an eye on your YT!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Probably the best clinic I’ve ever been to. I actually learned stuff instead of coming away realising I’ve got shit technique which is what normally happens at these things! Great night.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited September 2018
    Just back from the one at GG, Epsom and hubobulous was also there. PT was great, engaging and entertaining.

Really enjoyable clinic where Pete added the guitars to the kind of typical short demo he does for gear reviews. It was fascinating watching him break things down and explain the process, talk about space in a track, themes, frequencies (boosting & cutting), fx and what gear he uses, what he doesn't use and of course, we got the playing, stories and our questions answered, too and what a nice guy

It was also interesting getting his take on the industry and what musicians can do today to get themselves out there and how social media works for the sort of thing he does. Let's face it, if it wasn't for his channel, would you know of him despite the fact that he's played with some big names like Chris Cornell and Don Henley?

He was using his Suhr signature guitar which is so damn versatile and has a great and different 5-way switching system - it sounded fabulous through his Suhr PT Signature which has IMHO 3 perfect channels for clean, crunch and lead respectively and that was going through a Suhr Reactive Load with a Suhr ACE Amp Simulator and some DAW and pedal fx. It was a great set up and a great night!

Nice one Pete!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It was indeed @kebabkid. Inspirational, fascinating and he's an incredibly nice guy. A truly different approach to a clinic and it just wasn't long enough at a mere 2hrs!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    Jeez!. During the questions, I forgot to ask about his new signature amp that might be released this year. It's meant to be smaller, possibly a 50 watter but I'm not sure how similar in channel tones it will be to his existing 100 watter and could feature in-built features, such as an attenuator and/or speaker simulator - Suhr make both products as separates
    WOW! I've get to get over to this shop!!!

• Cor blimey.. I'd need to take a change of kecks in the car if I went there. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    Wow!  I hadn't realised how big Peach was.  
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Yeah what a shop! All those thinking of going to the London Guitar Show this weekend would be better heading for Peach I reckon! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom