R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6772
    edited November 2018
    p90fool said:
    merlin said:
    Does anyone else think they smell of Play-Doh? 
    It's the case, it'll wear off. 
    Yes, it is true what you say. However for a small price of £12.99 we can buy from Gibson CS a small pump action spray that will keep the case smelling like play-doh. 

Apparently Peach are having a sale and selling them for £7.99  ;)

DOH! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I really like mine too so it's not a concern, but with another 50+ landing at Peach soon, so presumably many more at other retailers, the market really must become over saturated with new £2499 R8's, and therefor the used market will surely be a nightmare for anyone trying to sell at a decent price.

I wonder what other variations of 2017 custom shop models are sitting in the warehouse waiting to be discounted??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    dbphoto said:
    I really like mine too so it's not a concern, but with another 50+ landing at Peach soon, so presumably many more at other retailers, the market really must become over saturated with new £2499 R8's, and therefor the used market will surely be a nightmare for anyone trying to sell at a decent price.

I wonder what other variations of 2017 custom shop models are sitting in the warehouse waiting to be discounted??
    precisely
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    dbphoto said:

Absolutely.. A lot of LOLs will be disbursed in the Classifieds over the next few months methinks...

Anyway, I imagine that 58s and 59s are the ones they make the most of, hence the overstock... other variants seem much lower in numbers and I wonder if we would have seen them by now. 
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Just noticed this on the Peach site:

'These guitars are currently going through the CITES process and are due to touch down mid December'

So if anyone is thinking about selling theirs then probably best to do it over the next few weeks!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10910
    edited November 2018
    mli3 said:
    'the very last batch' hmmm
    "once in a lifetime chance to get R8s at this price" 
    or "last chance to get cheap R8's till next month, when another load hit the streets !"

anyway i love mine so i dont really care
    Yes, they were/ are discounted...but I have a little bit of an issue describing them as "cheap" still D
    I crossed at least two self imposed cost thresholds in buying mine...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    I just want to to know how many @terada ;will end up with...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperben said:
    Iamnobody said:
    Where’s the lost stash of R7’s!
    This is what I’ve been wondering too...
    And me! 

I like R8s a lot, but the wavy grain/flame combination ones are way better than plaintops and they're mostly not on offer. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1675
    If goldtops appear, I'll be first in line. Fingers crossed.
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    No Goldtops coming then according to John, no R9s either I guess?  I think GG hoovered all those up...
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    edited November 2018
    Pre ordered. FFS
    8reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2230
    He doesn’t sound thrilled about the gloss finish. 

I would recommend if you haven’t got one yet and would like a decent LP, now is the time. This selloff is the result of cashflow needs. Now a new CEO is in place he will be looking to implement his strategy for the brand and devaluing it’s range, will likely not be top of his agenda. This is is my second CS Gibson, and the quality of these ltd runs IMO is great.

On another note, any tips on how to remove that tacky Custom Shop cover on the back, without damaging it? I’ve taken all the screws out and the thing won’t budge. 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Barnezy said:
    He doesn’t sound thrilled about the gloss finish. 

I would recommend if you haven’t got one yet and would like a decent LP, now is the time. This selloff is the result of cashflow needs. Now a new CEO is in place he will be looking to implement his strategy for the brand and devaluing it’s range, will likely not be top of his agenda. This is is my second CS Gibson, and the quality of these ltd runs IMO is great.

On another note, any tips on how to remove that tacky Custom Shop cover on the back, without damaging it? I’ve taken all the screws out and the thing won’t budge. 
    Twist it
    edited November 2018
    Wow that was really stuck on! Much better now. 

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6772
    Barnezy said:

Mine simply dropped off after I'd taken the screws out. All I need now is a proper black plastic cover. Anyone got a spare?
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    edited November 2018
    DEATH TO VERTICAL VIDEO!!! Grrarrrgfhh. 

Anyway, good luck to everyone pre-ordering - that you'll still get to pick a top/weight/both is super cool...
    merlin said:
    Barnezy said:

Mine simply dropped off after I'd taken the screws out. All I need now is a proper black plastic cover. Anyone got a spare?
    Should have come with one in the case. 
  • "if you're the first, you'll get first pic of weight and top"
    They really are the best around, aren't they, in terms of service.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphoto said:
    Just noticed this on the Peach site:

'These guitars are currently going through the CITES process and are due to touch down mid December'

So if anyone is thinking about selling theirs then probably best to do it over the next few weeks!

I think this whole devaluing on second hand market is a bit overblown - though I don't have a crystal ball and can't know what the new incoming will do. Out of the 300 or so that were 'dumped' on the market, there is one currently on eBay and maybe one other on Reverb. So far maybe 4-5 traded on the forum which to me says that a lot of them may not be 'catch and release' guitars. The one I have at least is a good enough instrument that I would probably regret letting it go and having had a couple different LPs I wouldn't fancy having a try at finding another one that suited me. £1900-2300 is the range I see these staying in. They're better spec'd instruments than Standards, CS products, and in desirable colours. If you look at 2015 dumped amazon black friday guitars, they've gradually crept up. I paid £289 for my Jr. and ended up trading it for a MIM strat. Try getting a 2015 jr lose to that today - despite the headstock, neck and gforce.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom