R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    edited September 2018
    Voxman said:
    terada said:
    Well I ended up taking my one back. The one I got looked and played superb, but was a little darker than I was hoping with my set up. Bet it would have sounded great through a silver or blackface fender.

@terada that's obviously a little disappointing, as it looks a very nice guitar.  But out of interest, what's the deal with Peach on returns (was it bought in store or on-line?) - and what's your set-up that you felt it didn't fit in with?
    @Voxman Peach were very easy about the return. I bought online and had it delivered, but happened to be driving near Colchester today so actually took it back in person. They had a quick look over it and then sorted the refund. I think for the R8's they're not really bothered as they know it will sell immediately anyway.

It played incredibly smoothly, but I found it too dark compared to my other R8.

My rig is a 50watt handwired Orange into a 2x12 with vintage 30s, which I use for both gigging and home practice (weird but it has an excellent master volume). Through this I found the 2017 about as dark on the bridge as the 2014 in the middle position. Acoustically my 2014 was also a lot louder with more overtones. I found to get enough brightness out of the rig with the 2017 I had to turn up much louder than usual, which while fine for rehearsing and gigging, isn't going to cut it for home use.

I think if I were using a Princeton or deluxe it would be a pretty perfect match - taming all of that piercing treble, but for my set up I found my current R8 to be better suited.

That said I have put a deposit on @hyperben 's return at GG in Epsom, hopefully that one will do the trick! This time I'll try it in the store though, and will take along my 2014 for comparison.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Apparently Peach have a clause in their returns policy which gives them the legal right to deliver a sharp kick in the balls to anyone who returns to them a guitar for any reason other than it being faulty or damaged- so hows that for the supposedly "great Peach customer service" then?! Absolute drisgace
    Can you elaborate ? I found it very easy today, but then again they could probably just immediately call up someone on the waitlist and sell it straight away.
  • terada said:
    Apparently Peach have a clause in their returns policy which gives them the legal right to deliver a sharp kick in the balls to anyone who returns to them a guitar for any reason other than it being faulty or damaged- so hows that for the supposedly "great Peach customer service" then?! Absolute drisgace
    Can you elaborate ? I found it very easy today, but then again they could probably just immediately call up someone on the waitlist and sell it straight away.
    Sometimes customers get a little confused between distance selling regulations and in store purchases. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    Go home, you’re drunk.......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Have you guys really not got anything better to do on a Sunday night?
    Absolutely not!  :o

But you're here too  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1422
    I'm sorry but this is utter rubbish. Peach customer service is outstanding. I've had more than one personal experience of returning items to them and have had zero issues. On the contrary, they have been very understanding as they know its difficult when buying online, especially with guitars as it's near impossible to know for sure until you're actually holding the instrument in your own hands. They do everything they can to help with photographs, weights etc. so you're making as much of an informed decision as you can, but they still know it won't always work out. Totally different kettle of fish if you're buying in store as you obviously do get to try before you buy.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Apparently Peach have a clause in their returns policy which gives them the legal right to deliver a sharp kick in the balls to anyone who returns to them a guitar for any reason other than it being faulty or damaged- so hows that for the supposedly "great Peach customer service" then?! Absolute drisgace
    Think he’s having a laugh. Hasn’t really come across well though.

Not sure if it’s sarcasm or not but if it is a  ;) would get the point across.

If not... who knows what the fuck it’s all about!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited September 2018
    Isn’t there a 10% restocking charge or similar?

I think that’s perfectly fair if you’ve changed your mind or buyers remorse and there’s actually fuck all wrong with the item itself damage wise or faulty 

Im talking online sales here not in store 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893

I think that’s perfectly fair if you’ve changed your mind or buyers remorse and there’s actually fuck all wrong with the item itself damage wise or faulty 

They're not a charity innit
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    terada said:
    Have you guys really not got anything better to do on a Sunday night?
    Absolutely not!  :o

But you're here too  ;)
    Well, I’m at work till 7am, something has to keep me awake
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1422
    edited September 2018

Consumer contracts regulations means that restocking charges are not allowed. It’s all here:

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @Jonathanthomas83 ...if I filled it out properly, but I'm still a bit of a prick...do I still get the thanks? 
    Yeah of course mate, I have a lot to thank many pricks for.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited September 2018
    Jesus, it was a joke - not sure how it could possibly be taken seriously. Apologies to @peachguitarsdotcom for any confusion/offence, the rest of you get back to stalking strangers eBay and gumtree activity

9reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    edited September 2018
    BloodEagle said:i
    Jesus, it was a joke - not sure how it could possibly be taken seriously. Apologies to @peachguitarsdotcom for any confusion/offence, the rest of you get back to stalking strangers eBay and gumtree activity

In fairness, it had all the essential ingredients of a great joke.

Except for humour.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    17reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811

Don't give up the day job to become a comedy writer  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • A big LOL for you both 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • roberty said:

They're not a charity innit
    It's weird I seem to recall a shit load of complaining from people on this forum about axerus and hotrox doing this exact same thing.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    To be fair, @BloodEagle did make me actually look at the returns T&Cs (which I hadn't done, silly me) .............
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    edited September 2018
    One rather lightweight Cherry back in stock at the moment, is it the one you returned? @terada ;

http://www.peachguitars.com/brands/gibson-58-les-paul-limited-run/gibson-custom-58-les-paul-ltd-run-washed-cherry-vos-87340.htm
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    edited September 2018
    8lbs 10oz isn't lightweight, it's medium I'd say